Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / I Ate The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 6:40 am

I ate the Popeye's chicken sandwich. I had the spicy. Probably shouldn't have done that. Next time, regular.

It was good, tasted like a ridiculously over-breaded, spicy Popeye's breast in a bun.

My red beans and rice were good but about 1/2 of what they should be.

I love the Lamar Popeye's location... it's complete chaos, always.

Not sure why folks were lined up around the block, but again, I got the spicy.
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 10:06 am

Popey's spicy got some zip! i also got shorted on my mashed potatoes and gravy last time. Would much rather go to Hattie B's.
Posted: Dec 18, 2019 10:26 am

I don't hate Hattie B's. They've got their online ordering game DOWN. Props. Their hot chicken is good.

But it's no Prince's. It's like Central BBQ to Payne's - one is the wild, raw original, the other is cleaned up and made to work.

When I want some nasty fried chicken it's Popeye's I head for. Gus' is another story- if it was closer...

Anyway, wanted to see what the mania was for this chicken sandwich. Let it be known- I keep ordering the sandwich at Chick Fil-a (kids like their stuff) but it never grabbed me, either.

Will try again.
Posted: Dec 21, 2019 2:32 pm

yeah I mean its a fried chicken sandwich, better than Chic-fil-a that I remember but still not mind blowing or as good as the jack pirtles steak sandwich.

Id rather just have the fried chicken and some red beans n rice.

I might be an unreliable narrator though, my fave chicken sandwich right now is the santa fe grilled chicken sandwich at carl's jr...whole wheat bun n all
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 10:10 am

I agree Mark.

I do get Payne's rib sandwich just because it's ridiculous- like 6 bone rib in-between two pieces of white bread.
Posted: Dec 30, 2019 7:36 am

eric o:
one is the wild, raw original, the other is cleaned up and made to work.

It works so well, in fact, that it doesn't bother this usual craver of wild, raw and original. It's a great model for other up and coming restaurants. Too bad all the major fast food places have gone dull and gray.
Posted: Dec 30, 2019 10:23 am

I ordered the popeye's spicy chicken sandwich, no mayo, and was told it was the mayo that made it spicy, what the hell?
Posted: Dec 30, 2019 11:23 am

Ha! Wypeepo!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®