Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / eggplant recipes
Posted: Feb 3, 2019 9:46 am

hi looking for all kinds dishes that call for eggplant.
i decided i needed to grow up and give it a shot.
so far i've made rattatioulle and panko breadded eggplant lasagne.

i'll probably make baba ganoush at some point but i need ideas
Posted: Feb 4, 2019 6:17 am | Edited by: Donkey

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 6:11 am

doy
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 12:22 pm

I had one that involved some chopped onions, tomato sauce, olive oil, and a bunch of sugar. Cook the whole thing down until it's mush. The sugar is key. Also, peel the eggplant, cut into 3/4" slices, salt them and stick in the oven. that way it doesn't absorb as much oil.

then, when you serve it, say "Who would like some aubergine dip?".
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 11:43 am

Jesse Garon:
[u]I had one that involved some chopped onions, tomato sauce, olive oil, and a bunch of sugar. Cook the whole thing down until it's mush. The sugar is key. Also, peel the eggplant, cut into 3/4" slices, salt them and stick in the oven. that way [url=https://ketosupplementpills.com/keto-breakfast-easy-recipes/][color=black]keto breakfast recipes[/color][/url] it doesn't absorb as much oil.

then, when you serve it, say "Who would like some aubergine dip?".

I think, it's amazing recipe. I want to try :) [/u]
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

Do some kind of Chinese version.
Posted: Mar 4, 2020 1:06 pm | Edited by: DCR

i did this one thing where i cut the egg plant into long wide strips, pressed salt into them all then stacked them. made a filling of leftover bologenese/chunks of italian sausage/broccoli/spinach/bell pepper/garlic/celery/parmesan and rolled this filling inside the eggplant strips and put all the rolls in a square casserole dish and covered it with a creamy holy trinity garlic sauce i whipped up then baked it for like 30 mins at 350. so savory

thats probably the best part about using eggpant in a dish for me, it saturates the whole dish with flavor without relying on too much salt.

theres a pizzeria here that will put eggplant on their pizza so i tried to make a rattatouille pizza but they didnt prep the eggplant so the whole thing was bitter. sad trombone.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®