Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / need some ideas for tri tip
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 7:32 am

a friend has some and needs to use it. and i got recruited to cook it
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 7:38 am

cook it like a london broil. Marinate in a citrus/garlic/pepper blend and grill it medium. Slice thin against the grain.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 7:48 am

well marinate it in any flavor you like! but cook it like carney said.

tri tip (or bottom sirloin) is the meat-to-grill / cook-out of choice of the part of california where i grew up. its one of my favorite cuts of meat.

i make a marinade that includes coca cola, soy sauce, garlic and whatever herbs and spices motivate me at the moment.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 8:00 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

My cousin used to cook up some KICKASS tritip soaked in The Basque Sauce.

I just make my own lame-ass version of it that's kinda like TKs, minus coke, plus red wine and wooster.

Usually just black pepper and thyme in the spice dept.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 10:38 am

I was going for a cuban/brazillian mojo crillo kinda thing. TK, I'm glad you said grilling instead of bbq. I've heard it refered to as california bbq. It's that whole bbq noun/verb thing.
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 4:03 am

I'm pretty sure this book has some good Tri tip recipes. It's either this one or the BBQ across the World or whatever one. But I love this guy's books and its only 75 cents!

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Barbecue-Bible_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ498509
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 5:36 am

smother it with ranchero sauce!
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 7:24 pm

ranchero sauce is delicious
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 12:45 pm

i made one in the oven the other day, covered with minced onions. it came out lousy, had to turn it into fajitas.

grill or die!
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 6:53 am

Not a cut to roast. Braise will work, though.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®