Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Peanut Butter and Bannana
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:44 am

This is a popular food in my circle of friends. I grew up with it. Interestingly lee thow none of us make it Elvis style, which I think it sort of gross.

I think I've perfected the perfect peanut butter and bannana sandwich, it goes like this:

Toast any kind of fancy bread you want, It's better to toast it because it give the sandwich structure. But if you prefer you can leave it untoasted, and it will be chewier and stick to the roof of your mouth more. I'm not a totalitarian chef.

Secondly, put peanut butter of your choice on both sided of bread, I prefer creamy, as chuncky can be much on this sandwich, especially double sided.

Then the big secret is that you cut your banana into fours...first you cut it in half, and then cut the two halves in half horizontaly. Take the first 3 slises and fit them complimentary side by side...they should all fit like a puzzle. Then you take the final piece and slice it down the middle, so it's had a triangle shap on the bottom...you fit those two triangle pieces into the ridges of the 3 bannan slices on the bread...so you wind up with a solid layer of bannana.

Now the final ingredient is a pinch of cinamon on the side of bread with no bannanas, fold into a sandwich. Enjoy the good eats.

Can I dip my balls in is!?
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 8:01 pm

not as good as peanut butter and pickle sammich
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 4:01 am

peanut butter, banana, chocolate chips. my favorite sandwich as a kid
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 5:38 am

peanut butter, banana, chocolate chips. my favorite sandwich as a kid

have you tried those Elvis peanut butter & banana Reese's?
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am

this is exactly how I make my pb&b sammies - laying the 3 slices down and then cutting the 4th diagnol to fill the gaps. but you can't go wrong with continuing this elvis style - just fry that baby up in butter and if you're feeling real crazy put some maple syrup on the bread before frying. tasty!!
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

never had the elvis reeses, but i think im going to have to do a pbbcc this week
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:12 am

I make my banana samiches sanz the peanut butter. sliced pretty much the same as above. use an very ripe banana, on heavily buttered toast. yum
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:49 am

have you tried those Elvis peanut butter & banana Reese's?
Like most of those new-fangled Reese's cups, that Elvis one's not so good. Fake banana flavoring tastes like baby medicine.
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am

bananas are a peculiar fruit - a very small window in which they're actually good to eat "as-is"

bigger window when they're good for baking with....

but the absolute worst thing in the world is fake banana flavoring. reminds me of the stuff dentists would apply to your gums to numb them before they hit you with the 3 foot long needle full of novocaine.

really bad sense memory association.
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 10:11 am

bigger window when they're good for baking with....

Donna makes the bestest banana bread EVER!
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 10:34 am

I like to deep fry mine, honey.

Recipe makes 4.

First I make the wonderfull batter which consists of.....

*3 grade A large eggs,
*1 cup of buttermilk,
*1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar,
*1/8 teaspoon of salt,
*And 1/3 cup of flour.

First sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl to make shure the sugar and salt are evenly distributed.
Then crack the eggs very carefully so as to not get any shell pieces in the batter and make it taste all yucky, euwwwwww!
Add the rest of the deliciously wet ingredients and mix it (naked) with a fork just until it's slightly lumpy
I've found that extending my pinky finger while holding the fork always helps.

For the spread......
*2 cups of peanut butter (I like mine Creamy!)
*2 large bananas (I like mine big & brown)
*1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
*1/8 teaspoon of cyanne maybe a little less
* nutmeg
I put 2 cups of peanut butter in a DIFERENT bowl.
Then I peel 2 beautiful banannas ever so slowly, and put them into the bowl that I just put all that yummy peanut butter.
After I've finished doing all that crazy stuff I add a table spoon of powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of cyanne, and just a little bitty, teeny tiny, wee bit of freshly grated nutmeg (because that's what all the fags do).
The last step to making a perrrrrfect filling for this is to take a CLEAN fork and just smash the holy shit out of it until it becomes a paste.

Now for my bread.
Potato bread works just fine and dandy,
(I like it because it's sweet like me), but you can use whatever kind of bread your little heart desires.
You can use sour dough, pumpernickle, honey wheat, 100% whole grain wheat, buttercrust, jewish rye, pita pockets,corn bread, onion bagels, english muffins, hot dog buns,sesame seed hamberger buns, kaiser rolls, french bread, biscuits,buttered crousants,home made dinner rolls, waffles, and don't be afraid to use white bread either you silly thing you! I've tried them all!

Now what I like to do is place 4 slices of potato bread on the kitchen counter in a little row, and spread the filling, ever so gently, on each slice. I usually give them cute, funny names like Randy, Mandy, Brandy, and Candy.
I always put a dill pickle slice on Mandy cause she's just a Bitch!
Then I put 4 more slices of potato bread on top of my 4 new friends and ignore them for a while.

Now I'm ignoring them for a reason. I've got to get my oil hot enough to fry me up some sammiches!

YEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Now I don't know about you, but I take a deep, wide frying pan (about 5 inches deep), and fill it about 2/3 full of canola oil because I want Randy, Mandy, Brandy, and Candy to taste perfect to a T.
I turn on the stove eye on arround medium high place the frying pan on the eye I just turned on, and wait a while till I think it might be hot enough to start frying.
Usually singing 5-6 rounds of "Old McDonald" is enough time. Now while all this prancing and singing is going on, I'm also prepareing a spot for randy and the gang to hang out when I scoop them out of the hot, hot oil. usually a large floral design plate with 2 or 3 paper towels on top.
I dont dilly dally around with a thermometer to check the oil, I just use this simple little test.
I take a spoon, dip it in the batter, and drop tiny droplets into the oil and watch it do a little happy dance.
If the droplets are dancing to slow, I turn the heat up ever so slightly, but if the droplets start doing some crazy fast jig and turn brown I turn the heat down a little and sing 2 or 3 more rounds of "Old McDonald". When the droplets do a moderate Hustle, that's when it's time to start dipping my 4 little friends in the batter!!!

Don't soak it, just dip the sanwiches lightly on one side, and then lightly on the other side and carefully place them one at a time into the oil ( I usually start with Mandy and see how that pickled bitch turns out. Now hopefully she's gonna float arround and you need to check her little bottom to see that It's turned a beautiful golden color, then carefully turn her over to the other side,wait for that 'golden' moment, and then it's time to take a relaxing rest on the paper towel plate. Repeat with the rest of her pals.

After I've finished cutting them into triangular quarters and placed a frilled toothpick into every piece, I Like to make my presentation which is a circular design , and then throw It all into the garbage can because there is NO WAY I'm EATING THAT DEEP FRIED BULLSHIT!!!!
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Nutella and banana...that's the program.
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 7:59 pm

i got hooked on nutella for a while! my first taste was nutella gelato from some back alley italian american social club by my friends apartment in chicago. mmmmmmm!
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 5:19 pm

deep fried sounds soooooo damn good.

I am a fan of the open-faced toasted PB and B.
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 11:44 am

deep fried pbb? good god that sounds amazing. I miss being able to eat gluten.

I like them without the bread, though.

yesterday I had baby bananas with cashew butter. awesome.
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Yeah, well nobody can make 'em like Pauline Nicholson used to!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:33 am

I am a fan of the open-faced toasted PB and B.

Oh you can deep fry that too, sweety.
Just be shure not to eat it, or we'll loose our girlish figures!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:46 am

deep fried

There's this fancy place in Chicago that makes PB + B but adds bacon bits, then they coat the whole thing in a panko batter, deep fry it, and drizzle it with honey. Pretty crazy delicious.

My favorite PB sandwich variant is spicy PB + bacon. If I wanna invest some time into it, I make a THIK peanut sauce with coconut milk, fish sauce, siracha, and some other stuff. Simmer it on the stove for a while to marry all those flavors. If I'm in a hurry, I just spread on the PB and then squirt a little Siracha on there. Then add bacon... fucking GOOD!
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 5:04 am

*3 grade A large eggs,
*1 cup of buttermilk,
*1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar,
*1/8 teaspoon of salt,
*And 1/3 cup of flour.

what a load of bullshit
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 7:09 am

but the absolute worst thing in the world is fake banana flavoring.

i had to make a banana smelling/tasting ester for my organic chem class in high school. the smell of it alone makes me want to throw up because i spilled that shit on my clothes and they reeked of fake bananas even after washing them. bluh.
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:17 pm

my roommate works at whole foods and she brought home about 10 bananas they couldn't sell because they were all black
(they were free!)

we froze them since i was going to be away for 4 days (i'm the baker in da house)

yesterday i made banana nut bread - very standard recipe - i used sour cream instead of milk, 1/2 pastry flour, 1/2 all purpose flour, but pretty much just like any standard recipe

there were so many bananas that i got 12 mini muffins, 2 5" round mini loaves and a couple 4-oz giant muffins from the batter

still had about a cup and a half of mashed bananas, so i experimented with banana cheesecake. DON'T DO IT. bad move - cream cheese and bananas. tasted to me like the dentist all over again. and i do make a good cheesecake.

i've decided this as a result of the massive banana experience

freezing the overripe bananas makes them easier to peel and slice (they don't get mushy if they're still partially frozen when you slice them up - put the slices in a bowl, let them complete their thaw and then mash up)

and banana cheesecake = bad idea....
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 11:13 am

I only use frozen bananas analy(with lubraderm ) when I get the rectalitis from all night lovemaking with Raymond. Maybe I should get that tested, but that's the only thing frozen bananas are good for.
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 8:22 pm

i think my dad used to make banana sandwiches with mayo
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 4:09 am

banana sandwiches with mayo

are fucking awesome!
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 9:35 am

i think my dad used to make banana sandwiches with mayo

Good lord you southerners come up with some weird shit!
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:17 am

no doubt!
my dad is from mississippi and for some godawful reason he kept dragging me there with him, so he packed my lunch and suprise, I got to taste my very first peanutbutter, jelly, and mayonayse sandwich.
Aint no WAY 5 year old linda's eatin that shit. I think I opted for the spanking.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:48 am

was at work the other day and brought a chicken salad on wheat and banana for lunch. so i sliced up the banana and put the slices in the sandwich. TRY IT. its REALLY good. the taste and texture of the banana complimented the chicken really well.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®