Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 12:13 pm

i just messed with the standard peanut butter cookie recipe and came up with a hot chili peanut butter cookie.

simply added a teaspoon of chili powder (from the India spice store - its not the darker red chilis of the Southwest - but a more curry colored chili) to the dough (i only made 1/2 a recipe - 18 cookies)

then, rolled the dough balls into a mix of sugar, chili powder and cinnamon (4:1 sugar to chili, and the cinnamon was 1/2 the measure of chili powder) and then made the criss-cross pattern on top and then sprinkled more of the sugar/chili/cinnamon mix

there's a LOT of heat in this cookie. it doesn't attack you - but there is a slow heat gain... i have a feeling it may be too spicy for the average person, but i'm loving this

also - i thought making a sandwich cookie with the spicy dark ganache i made the other night might be good.... i spread a little of the ganache on a peanut butter cookie and immediately, the cream/creaminess of the ganache was calming the cookie fire - and i do think the two (spicy ganache and spicy cookie) work well together.

thoughts? opinions? who would eat a super spicy cookie? i think they'd be a really nice foil for vanilla ice cream
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 1:18 pm

I would eat that! Mixing sweet and spicy is awesome. Throw sour into the mix and then you're really cooking with gas. On a hot summer day, there is nothing more refreshing than watermelon chunks with lime juice and hot sauce or cayenne powder sprinkled on top.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 1:25 pm

i would totally eat that! sounds terrific.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 2:43 pm

I will eat that cookie all day long.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 2:46 pm

i've been eating it all day long, indeed.

the sugar/chili/cinnamon mix that i have left over -- i just dipped some fresh strawberries in it. that's great!
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm

mango chili lollipop

and chili dusted pralines
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 7:29 pm

How did I miss post 24000?
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 8:23 pm

you're slackin', robin.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

small bakery here in makes a chive/cheese scone and the touch of heat from red pepper flakes makes it super with french roast
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 7:35 am

I don't think Burger King sells those.
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am

Missy Pussycat made some cookies I ate once at a party. They were cheese flavored and spicy. I loved them!! Wish I knew how to make em.
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:30 pm

that sounds awesome, theresa! I've been making fruit salad with various fruits in the house, but always pineapple, and drizzling a honey/chili powder/lemon mixture over it. So good! Last one was pineapple, blueberries, strawberries. Yum.
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:41 pm

fruit salad

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 7:10 pm

best party treat I ever had was coco crispy treats with weed butter. MMMMMMMmmm. If they'd have put a little spice in there, then DAMN.

My best spicy drug experience was going out to the mountains, heating up some Spanish spicy chicken noodle soup with psych shrooms(I forget the name of it), playing Prince Far-I tapes and watching the stars spin above our heads!
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 7:12 pm

The soup was pre-cooked. We just warmed it and the shrooms. You don't wanna boil yer shrooms, from what old hippies tell me.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®