Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / help! it's too spicay
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:43 pm

i never thought in a million years i'd say this but i made a red curry sauce that is way too spicy cuz i put way too much chili sauce in it. whew. how the heck do i fix this? i tried adding a little more palm sugar to it to mellow it out, which helped some but i don't want it to turn into a syrup. heh. so what else can i do???
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

grow some testicles
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:26 pm

dude, believe me, i can handle a lot of spice, but i went a little over the top with this one. the spice almost drowns out the rest of the taste. i ate a bunch of the stuff anyway (it is with pineapple, snow peas, bbq duck, pumpkin, lychees, and bamboo shoots over the top of jasmine rice.) no need to grow testicles. my mouth is still on fucking fire though and i ate it maybe 20 minutes ago. heh. lips are burnin!
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:29 pm

drain some of the sauce, add water.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Aside from turning it into a double batch and omitting the spice, you just have to live with it. Win some, lose some.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Aside from turning it into a double batch and omitting the spice, you just have to live with it. Win some, lose some.
that's what I used to think

but then wasn't there some kind of thread made by Jack Stands where everyone said I was wrong and you should add some doughnuts and potato chips and that would work
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 2:35 pm | Edited by: Windy

never mind
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 7:24 am

the curry sauce that i used wasn't the normal curry paste that i use which i usually dump a ton of chili sauce into. turns out the curry sauce (not paste) had enough chilies in it already once i read the ingredients. heh. i'm smart. :P i used coconut milk, but it just wasn't enough to tone it down. i just have a very spicy curried duck now and lots of leftovers.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®