Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bugger Boogaloo
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 7:58 am

always hated that label but now theres a real reason to boycott their mediocre scene. did no one tell those clowns you arent supposed to fuck little girls?
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 10:17 am

no dis to marco, but changing the name of that fest would be wise, i think.
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 10:05 am

dumb

goes way beyond one particular label and gloating about the problem being addressed and reducing it to "those bands suck anyways" is super stupid.

your favorite band might be next
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am

sure, but they seemed to revolve around the store/label and some bands. and you're right. gonna have to do some housecleaning.
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 11:16 am

nobunny, black lips, the growlers, swmrs, the frights, the buttertones, the list goes on and on of bands indicted who were on labels besides burger

alot of these bands were socal bands or operating in a time between when burger started 2007 and now and since Burger was the biggest indie or non major or whatever you want to call it (almost 1500 releases in its 13 years) in that time (and one of the co-founders has been indicted) their name takes the brunt

make no mistake that its merely a Burger problem though
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Considering how much they put out, the quality ratio was not as high as might be desired. But I still think they released a lot of really good stuff over the years. The festival was certainly loads of fun, every time.

I guess I'm naive, but I'm really shocked by this, although the news stories make it appear that the issue is as much with some of the bands as with the label itself. I know the two main guys, not well or anything, but it's still hard for me to imagine them behaving inappropriately with women.

My impression's always been that the Boogaloo (and yes, they'll have to change their name just like we can't wear Hawaiian shirts anymore) was one of the more female-friendly festivals I've ever attended. But then, I've got white male middle-class privilege so what do I know?

"We are also deeply sorry for the role Burger has played in perpetuating a culture of toxic masculinity." Holy shit.

Looks like it's Total Trash Productions from here on out anyway. If we can ever have live music again...
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 1:52 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

Lee is the only one from Burger proper thats been accused of anything that I know of and yes it is shocking. Same with Dan (MakeOutParty, Nobunny), Justin (Nobunny), and Matt from Audacity.

Theyre the only ones I know personally
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®