Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Coldplay gets a good review
Posted: May 30, 2014 4:08 pm | Edited by: Highway Star

A friend of mine in Scotland got this forwarded to him by Billy Bragg. I love the writing in newspapers across the pond!

[/url] http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-revi e w][/url]
Posted: May 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Here's another great one from the Isle:

[url] http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/sep/28/scotland-football-ir n-bru][/url]

Maybe my favorite sentence ever in a paper:

Comparing Scotland's part-time footballers with their counterparts in England's top division, he characterised the Premier Leaguers as "a bespoke cast of gladiatorial yob-gods, wag-roasting Croesus kids, who once a week descend from their Parnassian blingsteads to run around for 90 golden minutes of bravura vanity".
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 7:25 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

A concept album about breaking up with Gweneth Paltrow? Sounds like someone trying to squeeze blood from a rock.
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 7:38 am

save the coldplay shit for bridge club, ladies.
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 7:49 am

Maybe you aren't as hooked into the L.A. gossip machine like we are, but Gweneth Paltrow is super duper uncool....I can't imagine a concept album indebted to her to be all that interesting. Also bridge is too complicated a game for you sport!
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 10:01 am

f***ing brilliant!
Posted: Jun 3, 2014 6:28 am

Maybe he was fed up with her lies and surgery bills?

Experts are convinced that Gwyneth's operations could include:

rhinoplasty the bridge of her nose looks thinner than before and the tip also appears to have been decreased, but the most she could have had is minor surgery that widened the nostrils slightly;
blepharosty (possibly);
chin augmentation (possibly in her youth);
chemical peel treatments;
laser surgery;
eye and brow lifts;
mastopexy;
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®