Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / forgotten media formats
Posted: Apr 3, 2013 4:06 pm

stumbled across some playboy CEDs...anyone know anything about these or their players? looks like a giant floppy disc. i read that RCA developed this but it didn't last long...
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 10:53 am

Yep, that's one that has really been forgotten alright....

otherwise known as "SelectaVision"
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 11:46 am

Jesse works at Best Buy?
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 12:19 pm

or their players?
Bray!
Posted: Apr 8, 2013 12:20 pm

So, these things were essentially high density LPs that you could watch videos with? Cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 8:27 am

They had a few crates of these things at my goodwill a while ago. I bought some of the disks because I like the large format artwork on 'em. They make good wall decorations.

They had the player sitting there for sale too but I figured I didn't need anymore electronic junk laying around.
Posted: May 3, 2013 5:07 pm

"beauty, sounds like one of those new wave bands eh..."
Posted: May 4, 2013 5:31 am

Don't forget the CD-G. Well, most people have.
Posted: May 4, 2013 10:33 am

my aunt had a CED, they used to rent the discs at piggly wiggly. as i recall you had to flip the disc halfway through the movie. kinda like VCDs, which were just specially formatted CDr's that either looked like shit or you had to switch discs after an hour or so...
Posted: May 4, 2013 10:35 am

Posted: May 4, 2013 10:57 am

magazine.
Posted: May 6, 2013 9:34 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I see those things all of the time...I always just call them "laserdiscs" and move on.

Now howabout those minidiscs? Now those are some good conversation fodder.
Posted: May 9, 2013 10:47 am

bob mehr minidiscs.
Posted: May 10, 2013 5:05 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Minidiscs were cool...you could plug them into a PA, record a show, I never did this but it was nice to know the potential was there.....I'd still take a minidisc multitrack machine.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®