Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / poor people.
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 2:50 pm

what are your suggestions on cheap bed mattresses?? ive drooled too much on mine pluse i think my old cat peed on it? im just poor and like to tell people of my woes. thanks goners!
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 4:10 pm

This may be super gross to some people, but check craigslist. There are tons of old ladies & people moving that get rid of mattresses/box springs cheap. Some people even give them away for free. Check the listings in nicer areas to find the best deals.

I bought one for $30 when my mom came to visit. I used a can of Lysol & poured a whole bottle of KidsNPets cleaner on it, let it sit out in the sunshine to dry/air out. Once it was all dry & clean I put it in a couple of plastic mattress covers (just in case!) It's one of the best beds in the house.
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 4:44 pm

pour a bunch of cleaner on it, put a fan on it until it dries, and flip the fucker.
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 5:29 pm

used mattress usually = bedbugs / vaya con dios my friends
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 4:47 am

i also made up a new word "pluse" maybe... ill have to challenge eric friedl on words with friends to find out.
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 5:14 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Hi ya beatniks! I took my mattress from a fold out couch....got a one inch memory foam topper for it....and it's passable...people say how much they miss squishy mattresses when they lay on it....

Some friends gave me a one hundred year old bed frame, but my mattress isn't firm enough for it without a box spring...so occasionaly I look at craigslist for one of those but no luck yet, I always get distracted by the comical naked locals in the sex ads. So I have an antique bedframe with no bed in my "junk room" and a squishy twenty year old mattress on a futon frame in my junky bedroom.

I'm going to go to a surplus place on the outskirts of town where they have good mattresses for cheap when I get the scratch...but before that I need new tires and a new winter parka....
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 6:47 am

used mattress usually = bedbugs / vaya con dios my friends

True - but if you know what to look for, you can avoid them.
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 7:17 am

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 7:44 am

Jesse Garon: O Lucky Man!=Best movie ever. IMHO.

Best soundtrack, too.
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 8:31 pm

cool story, bros

my bed rules.
Posted: Oct 6, 2012 11:47 am

Try the as-is section of Ikea if there's one in your town. I got a full sized foam mattress for $70. Not super comfortable, but not bad - especially if you invest in a memory foam topper.
Posted: Oct 6, 2012 11:57 am

Just drink a lot more. You won't give a shit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®