Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Esme Barrera R.I.P.
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 7:21 am

Not sure how many on here outside of Austin knew Esme, but she was murdered on New Year's Eve in her home late at night. She was a great lover of music, a teacher, a counselor at Girls Rock Camp in Austin and also worked part-time at Waterloo Records....she was one of the greatest, kindest people you could ever meet.....
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 7:22 am

She played the role of "Cop" in John Wesley Coleman's "Come On Cops" video....
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 4:37 pm

I read the story...beyond fucked up, scary and very very sad.
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 5:52 pm

jesus.. recently re-visitited the Gits documentary about a month ago and then read this, don't know the details but the parallels seem scary..keep an eye out for each other people..there are some predatory fucking monsters out there....R.I.P....
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 6:54 pm

Video is so good and goofy. The whole thing has really made me really sad.
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 7:42 pm

maaaaaannnnnnn come on , undoubtly the worst shit I've heard lately. I pray they get the right person who did this. Gits documentary is what I thought as well. I think that guy finally was caught last year or the year before. I'm sorry for her family and friends.
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 7:50 am | Edited by: skank police

Gits documentary...I think that guy finally was caught last year or the year before.

They got him in 2003, actually....but it was 10 years after the murder. I remember the exact moment I heard it on the news and saw that behemoth monster motherfucker's face for the first time. The doc was put together and then stalled from completion due to funding a while before they caught him. The fact that they were able to add that vindication on with the courtroom footage gave it the push for release. AMAZING movie, watch if y'all haven't yet.

Fingers crossed Esme's killer can be found, like, fucking immediately...
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 6:16 pm

What good is a "found killer"? Fuck. Closure is going to be everybody who remembers her dying.

Between this and JT getting hit by a car in his fucking sleep, things are weird and woolly. At least Jonathan can still pull through.
Posted: Jan 6, 2012 5:16 am

What good is a "found killer"? Fuck.

Yeah, I get that these incidents suck beyond belief and always will.

...but short of bringing her back? Uh...perhaps one less predator running loose among us...saving another victim or ten? And I've never had anyone close to me murdered, but I'm quite sure if I did, I'd want desperately for their killer to be found and punished...even if the legal punishment could never be to my satisfaction.
Posted: Jan 6, 2012 1:02 pm

Not pointing out any failure in your logic but my own lack of feeling about catching the perpetrator in these types of cases.

If they catch him, give him the chair, but I'm not sure that this hurts any more (or would hurt any less if the perp was caught) than Jay, Bones, Brian Turd, or any of the accidents, O.D.s and suicides any of us have dealt with. I didn't know her but agree that it's awful.
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 3:35 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Yeah very sad. FYI you can get a stun gun for as cheap as 20 bucks at most self defense stores, in my state they are legal. Also basic self defense technique help you feel less vulnerable and might just save your life one day.

I just found out I could visit Mia Zapata's grave site every day if I wanted too...but I'm not that goth.

I remember when she died...it's always sad.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®