Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Going out for pork chops again.
Posted: Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm | Edited by: dale

It seems that the Canadian sister to the east, Sarnia, Ontario, has more interesting musical characters than here in Port Huron. Eli is like a northern Jerry Jeff Walker or a stoned as hell Stompin' Tom Connors. He's a cool guy, too. YAY! Sarnia.

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 5:36 am

I cant think of any restaurant where you can get a pork chop, can you? My big thing right now is pork burritos...I'm sick of both chicken and steak...pork has been refreshing of late.
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 5:38 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Dude that's Mick Jones! I didn't like jaaaazzz...I diddnt liiiikkeee fuuunnnkkk...
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am

Sarnia -- the "other" way to Canadia.
all the soul of London with all the access of Windsor.
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 7:05 am

When band's pass through either to or from Canada we used to tell them "Cross through the Sarnia/Port Huron border. It's less hassle." Seems though that customs got hip to that.
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 7:37 am

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 2:58 am

Once again, can anyone recommend a national chain that has pork chops? I can't even think of a local greasy spoon. I asked a "restauranteer" and she said there are a few but she looked away and mumbled some bullshit, and then she refused to repeat herself.

I'm single, I don't cook, my Mom doesn't cook anymore...I can't even handle shake and bake...I make Koolaid that's about all I can do...I just want a goddamn pork cop.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 6:54 am

you're a goddamn pork cop you fuckin' CIA wannabe
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 7:42 am

Jesse, who got your panties in a wad? Chill bitch.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 11:00 am

CIA off the message board NOW!
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 11:23 am

I had to eat at a Carrabas (sp?) once for logistical reasons and they had a pretty nice pork chop...thick, grilled, nicely seasoned...I was pleasantly surprised. Only chain I can think of with chops.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

a national chain that has pork chops

i swear to god i've never been in one of these places but Cracker Barrel has pork chops

in related news i got called a cracker yesterday by one of my students (i'm teaching summer school in Newark) - i was like 'what are you george jefferson? i think 'peckerwood' has a better ring to it
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 12:35 am

TGIFridays has had pork chops on the menu before but looks like they're not on it at the moment. I imagine they were nothing special.

To find 'em in your area go to Dishtip.com and type in pork chops and your city and let her rip!
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 12:58 am

A-Ha! I knew I'd find a chain eventually. Waffle House is rockin' the pork chops bro!

3 chops for meat lovers, 2 chops for the dinner.

http://www.wafflehouse.com/images/MenuAC61511.pdf
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 8:00 am

i swear to god i've never been in one of these places but Cracker Barrel has pork chops

i've only been going since i moved here, but cracker barrel rules!
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 2:36 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

CIA off the message board NOW!

Jesse, I get off work at 4:30 actually not 4:00...you are a dork...and you're a sick fuck paying to close attention to my posting habits.

So what can I say, other than I'm gonna spit in your face if we ever meet?...get a life you lonely piece of shit.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 6:38 am

paying to close

CIA got your brain
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 7:27 am

TB - These seem like valuable pork chops but...

Texas Roadhouse Louisville
Grilled Pork Chops Fresh, hand-cut, boneless chops Single Chop.................. 8.59
seasoned, grilled, and served with Peppercorn sauce Double Chop................ 11.79

Outback Steakhouse Louisville
Wood-Fire Grilled Pork Chop
A lean wood-fire grilled pork chop. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, fresh steamed green beans and our own Creole marmalade.

Lone Star Elizabethton TN (no KY)
Mesquite - Grilled Pork Chops
Two tender, juicy 8 oz. center-cut bone-in chops,
mesquite- grilled to perfection. (Also available Cajun
or BBQ) 15.99
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 7:31 am

Cracker Barel is the only one of those restaurants that I frequent. Come payday I'll be there.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 11:37 am

guh. how can y'all eat cracker barrel? they mangle southern food. overcook the veggies and kill it with too much salt. i love me some pork chops, but i can't eat 'em most places cuz they overcook them and they turn out all dry. makes the baby jesus cry.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 1:44 pm

Whenever my dad comes to town to visit he always wonders why we always veto his choice of Cracker Barrel as the place to go to dinner. He's asked "I thought you guys like southern cooking". Dad means well but we always have to explain to him that it's not the place to really go for such a thing.
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 2:51 am

Yeah but they're on the highway and easy to find. Truthfully I'll probbably go to a local place genericaly called Cottage Inn...

I still like Cracker Barrel, country fried steak is the most expensive thing on the menue and it's delicious. I think I will try their damn porkchop this weekend and I'll report back if it's too dry...I hate dried out porkchops reminds me of how Mom used to make it.
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 12:56 pm

i made me some awesome juicy pork chops last night

i rule!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®