Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hugh Cornwell
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 1:45 pm

Saw him last night, was really excellent. First set was a bunch of new stuff (which was actually pretty good) and hits like No More Heroes and Golden Brown rearranged for bass-drums-guitar. Second set was the Rattus Norvegicus LP in its entirety. Excellent show but what I really wanted to mention was the great CLEM BURKE on drums, looking pretty much the same as he did 30 years ago. The man is a MONSTER. Power, precision, simplicity...I would kill to have him in my band.

I first saw him in the early 80s with the late, unlamented Chequered Past with Steve Jones, the Sales brothers, and Michael Des Barres (he, and the songs, were the weak links...) I still remember how powerful he was even now.
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 6:43 am

i saw Clem at that first James W. show in SJ ... he is the poor man's Rock Action, and then some
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 8:30 am

We opened for him at East end. Hugh still has it and the bassist Fish (from James Chance and the Blacks) was a cool guy and had the JJ burnel tone down flat!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®