Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hey Chris Martel!
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 9:52 am

Hey, who's the lady who sings the song with these lyrics "call your wife, call your boss, cause we aint never goin' home, call the police, call the police, we gonna tear this place down"? FANTASTIC! Also, what's the name of the song. I must have it!
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 9:56 am

no pm's. lettuce all know!
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:00 am

OK, found it. Stephanie McDee "call the police". Here's a link to the song. Now I need to know was this a 12 inch or only a CD.

http://bigsole.blogspot.com/2008/12/chess-cake-vs-dump-cake-and-algier s.html#zydeco
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:03 am

Stephanie McDee

this was huge with the Carpet House crowd in Detroit
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:05 am

ok, there ya go

good luck - last I checked, no vinyl, and CD going for bucks
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks, yes it's looking not so good on the vinyl front. Oh well.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Call the Police costs a ton on amazon. We have her cd from 2002 called No Strings Attached, but that song ain't on there. I heard she jesu-freaked out and does not engage in any calling the POlice behavior anymore.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm

peg - drop me an email when you get a chance (address is on my profile)
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 3:13 am

Yeah, came out in the last decade on CD only. Louisiana Music Factory used to sell the CD but seems like it's OOP now. There was an AM station here that used to play this song on heavy rotation, but never said who sang it. This was pre-youtube. I once e-mailed some guy in Baton Rouge with an extensive zydeco website, he wrote back and said he'd been getting at least one e-mail a week about that song and had never heard it. Took me years to track it down.
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 8:28 am

That's weird, I thought it sounded familiar. You must be referring to WODT, I miss that station! We had a pre Lamplighter party at Lori's house and Sandy demanded a copy of that song to play in her beauty salon. I think we need to take a zydeco club tour soon, gotta find out which ones are still open.... Rob, check yer email!
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 9:02 am

This is the Family reunion banger. Listening to it, I can almost smell the seafood boil.
Posted: May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

so has anyone heard from Ms. McDee to see if she's heard it, and what she thinks of it??????????
Posted: May 31, 2013 4:29 am

She played at this Mardi Gras show here with Quintron, who knows, maybe he played it for her then.
Posted: Jun 4, 2013 4:05 pm

It took a while but I tracked her down last year. I was just looking for correct publishing info for the record and stumbled on a old telephone number for bookings on the internet. That one had a message that told me to call another number if no one answered. So I called the other number and Stephanie answered the phone!?! That was before we recorded it but I was telling her that we intended to. She's heard our version on Q's live record. She really liked it and said that it had a cool country sound. She's really nice and I think her and Q are playing together some. When we talked I asked if she'd heard of Q or Spellcaster. When she said no, I said you gotta hook up with him, you guys are gonna love each other!
Posted: Jun 5, 2013 3:55 am

this thread is getting interesting!
Posted: Jun 5, 2013 7:06 am

When we talked I asked if she'd heard of Q or Spellcaster. When she said no, I said you gotta hook up with him, you guys are gonna love each other!
I like where you're going with this.
Posted: Jun 5, 2013 4:54 pm

Having Q on this track was completely fantastic luck.
Posted: Jun 7, 2013 5:08 am

Is anyone going to put out Stephanie McDee - Call the Police on 7"? Hmmmmm?
Posted: Jun 7, 2013 11:12 am

split 7" with the oblivians cover?
Posted: Jun 8, 2013 2:29 am | Edited by: dustymedical

nah, have her cover an oblivians song for the b-side!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®