Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Obama fires McChrystal
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 10:07 am

Wonder if the Daily Show got the news in time for some jokes tonight...

Obama did the right thing, just like Truman.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 10:16 am

He should fire himself.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 10:42 am

spoken like a true Mets fan.

It's the war, not the president.

Afghanistan: "Graveyard of empires"
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 1:27 pm

petraeus '12
believe it.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Gonna see my smilin' face... on the cover of the Rollin' Stone!
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah, Rolling Stone is a weird mag. Fucking up the President and the army this week.......Justin Bieber cover story coming soon!
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Wonder if the Daily Show got the news in time for some jokes tonight.

yeah, they did.

and as usual, he sucks at telling them.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:32 pm

I wonder who owns the Rolling Stone at this point? Probably some conservative corporate giant....and then they followed up with a story about the broken grave stones at Arlington...and this was on local news. It's a serious fuckin smear campaign.

By the way though, I had a good time at Dr. Bizers...hot chicks and cool shades.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Ah fuck...man...I'm trying to hype my solo shit right now...

www.myspace.com/tigerblinds

I got some electric stuff in the works also.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:43 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

I don't know the full story, because I was at the mall of eyeware...but pitting Rolling Stone against Obama is a fucking conundrum....your also pitting the Rolling Stone against war, which is what's really throwing a monkey wrench into things, cuz it plays up the hippi stereotype of The Rolling Stone representing peacenik shit. See what I'm saying?

It's a total fucking mind fuck, and if anyone knows mindfucks it's me...LOL LOL LOL LLLLOOOLLL LOL LOl LOL....(trying to spell S.O.S here)....

Just making Pynchon proud I guess.

I'm going to go read an exerpt from Heller's Catch 22 right now...it seems appropriate.

...and the referenced the Clinton Orwell 1982 book/comercial on Daily Show.

translate all this English prof.s
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:50 pm

I like the Daily Show...I thought it was mostly spot on tonight from what I saw. The fat guy and doctor were fucking funny.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Anyway I think it's obvious I been floating on a magic carpet tonight....Here's to Dennis Hopper that old republican fart.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Seriously though...this might be the most anarchistic thing I've heard about in awhile....the fucking volume was turned down the t.v., I have no fucking clue what the hole story is... but whole premise was so fucking bizzarre...the Chief of The International U.S. Forces, was being interviewed by The Rolling Stone....really???....wtf?....and he bad mouthed Obama so bad that Obama had to fire him???

Why the fuck were they interviewing him anyway??? The whole concept is retarded.

If they're fucking counter culture motherfuckers, why do they give a shit what a government politician says??? Why give Creedence to what he says? It's a fucking game of political semantics....

Now please tell me if I understood what really happened?

And then the local news followed up with a story on the desocration of Arlington graves for all the anti Obama old folks who even know what the fuck that is.

The whole thing is retarded.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 6:20 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

I actually agree with the fucking military side of things....I think we need to stay in the middle east...it is really one of the few things holding our economy up...I mean think about the kids that enlist, a lot of them are in so much trouble they can't hold down a job....so they join the army...and get paid....so the lowest most vulnerable class has a last ditch effort to make some money...and then only about a 100 or 200 die every few months.....that's keeping the people out of the food lines....we're in a fucking depression folks. We also just learned 60 years ago that war is the most convenient solution to a depression.

It's a fucking economic balancing act...it has nothing to do with saving lives, or whatever the fuck people want to turn it into.

Man I feel like this was a productive, stoner, diatribe. Things are starting to be put into perspective. Fuck Yeah, punk rock is not dead.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

I mean shit......send over half the people in prison to the middle east. Who gives a fuck? I don't...they might turn against us, who cares?.....war is what feeds our economy. It's a brutal fucking cycle. It was always true in China too....even though they were communist for a short time...you really call that communist now? It's fucking neo-capitalism not communism.

If we gotta play this stupid fucking game, we might as well play smart.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm

You know how many fucking wars went on in China? They turned it into a fucking art form... The classical "Art of War" comes from China.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Man if we really wanted to win this war...we'd pit China against the
terrorists.....but we don't want to give up another cash cow to China...Then again China fucking owns us! China is making the most money off of this shit...and guess who burns the most fucking fuel in the entire fucking world motherfuckers?

China!

Somebody get Dave Chapel on the phone I gotta tell him this shit.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:10 pm

http://www.iags.org/china.htm

It says China is second behind the U.S. in oil usage...but that's misleading...China runs and operates The Panama Canal...they own all the land in Panama also.....China also gets all the taxes from the boats that go through the canal.....and what the fuck do you think huge fucking cruise ships and battle ships run on?

Oil mah nigs! Oil!
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Don't under estimate the power of the sea! It still is the world economy cash cow. It's a fucking great white whale called Moby fuckin Dick....

and I can't wait for "Shark Week." mah motherfuckin motherfuckin.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:17 pm

And there's a huge fucking oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico....

I never fucking thought it would happen, but I might have to quote Alanis Morisette....it's pretty fuckin ironic ya think?

Anyway thank you and good night.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:28 pm

If they're fucking counter culture motherfuckers,

Perhaps you're forgetting about the early 1980's, when Jann Wenner turned it into glossy yuppie rag.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Obama has now committed the absolutely idiotic blunder of making General Petraeus far greater and far more important than he already was, despite the fact that General Petraeus is his most likely and credible Republican presidential challenger in 2012, and the one most capable of defeating Obama, as postings on this site have already made clear. As outlined here, Petraeus has clearly emerged as the preferred candidate of the entire neocon camp, including William Kristol, Charles Krauthammer, Max Boot, Frank Gaffney, the American Enterprise Institute, the Weekly Standard, and many others. Obama can usefully be compared to the earlier Democratic party Wall Street stooge and puppet, President Harry Truman, who destroyed what was left of his own popularity by firing General MacArthur in a dispute about the limited war policy in Korea in April of 1951. The beneficiary of the public revulsion against Truman was General Eisenhower, who became president in 1952 after Truman had dropped out of contention in despair over his abysmal poll numbers.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:46 am

Well I don't know, but sorry for the consequitive extreme stupid posts above...I was having a debate with Puff The Magic Dragon and we were down by the sea, and all the fucking dead sea turtles had washed up.

And you may not know this but I have a red eared slider of my own, and was just overcome with emotion.

Thanks for understanding and being so tolerant.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:49 am

Perhaps you're forgetting about the early 1980's, when Jann Wenner turned it into glossy yuppie rag.

Dude, that's what I'm talking about! The Boss is my Bob Dylan! Fine Young Cannibals is my Byrds! Old hippis just don't understand.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 4:11 am

So Obama should consider his reelection instead of what's best for the Afghan war?
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 5:39 am

Obama has now committed the absolutely idiotic blunder of making General Petraeus far greater and far more important than he already was, despite the fact that General Petraeus is his most likely and credible Republican presidential challenger in 2012, and the one most capable of defeating Obama, as postings on this site have already made clear. As outlined here, Petraeus has clearly emerged as the preferred candidate of the entire neocon camp, including William Kristol, Charles Krauthammer, Max Boot, Frank Gaffney, the American Enterprise Institute, the Weekly Standard, and many others. Obama can usefully be compared to the earlier Democratic party Wall Street stooge and puppet, President Harry Truman, who destroyed what was left of his own popularity by firing General MacArthur in a dispute about the limited war policy in Korea in April of 1951. The beneficiary of the public revulsion against Truman was General Eisenhower, who became president in 1952 after Truman had dropped out of contention in despair over his abysmal poll numbers.

Thanks for your input Wester Griffin Tarpley.

http://tarpley.net/2010/06/23/towards-the-eighteenth-brumaire-of-gener al-david-petraeus/
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 9:46 am

tarpley is an idiot but this time i think he is correct. and yes, it is obvious by the writing style when i am cut/pasting, so obvious i didnt think it was important to mention.

i would also say that i agree with obamas decision. mcchrystal had to go.

the only question now is how many more people have to die before we cut and run.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:49 am

It's a dog and pony show. McChrystal and Petraeus are both CFR. McChrystal "asks" for x number of troops. Obama says "no, you can only have .5x." McChrystal is instructed to bad mouth Obama. Obama forces McChrystal out and brings in Petraeus and they agree to go with .65x troops. This is still not enough troops to "win" the war in the graveyard of empires, but what this stage show does do is embolden the controlled left (Obama makes a stand), reassures the controlled right (our neocon leader Petraeus is back in the mix), and fosters support for the fake war in Afghanistan. It's another war we aren't meant to win. Just like Vietnam. Just like the Soviets against the Brzezinski/CIA-supported mujahideen. We're really there to weaken our defense and our economy, secure land, resources, and strategic position, and facilitate the distribution of drugs. It's just another giant transfer of wealth and power from the American people to the wealthy few.

I don't think Tarpley is an idiot. I just think he is too often caught up in analyzing the left vs. right sideshow (like so many of us) rather than getting at the heart of the matter: There is no left or right. It's all a big show, and the joke is on us.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm

yeah but tarpley is an idiot. just read the shit he spews forth on a daily basis and its hard to come to any other rational conclusion.

everything else you wrote i agree with 100%
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 8:09 pm

People elected Obama, because they were tired of Bush's wars based on lies. So Obama gave us a new war in Pakistan and reignited the Afghan war. No one knows what these wars are about or why the bankrupt US government is wasting vast sums of money, which it has to borrow from foreigners, in order to murder the citizenry in two countries that have never done anything to us.

Just as Bush/Cheney and their criminal neocon government deceived the world that Saddam Hussein had "weapons of mass destruction" that threatened white people everywhere, Obama has conflated the Taliban with al Qaeda. Obama has sold the tale to white countries that unless the US determines how Afghanistan is ruled and by whom, white people are in danger of being exterminated by al Qaeda Taliban terrorists.

The most telling aspect of the McChrystal-Obama contretemps is that it has caused no one in the US government, or media, to ask why the US is still killing women and children in Afghanistan after 9 years. The US government is prepared for everyone except itself to be tried at the War Crimes Tribunal.

Fred Branfman writing in AlterNet on June 22 reminds us that five million Iraqis were killed, maimed, tortured and displaced by an American invasion based on lies told by the highest officials in the American government. Yet, no one has been held accountable.

Petraeus is an evolved form of general. He "won" in Iraq by paying protection money to the Sunnis who were effectively resisting the US occupation. Petraeus figured out that it was far cheaper and more efficient to put the Sunnis on the US military payroll and to pay them to stop fighting, which is how the war between the Sunnis and the Americans ended. To keep the Americans out of the ongoing large scale sectarian violence that continues to slaughter Iraqis, the US military was confined to remote bases.

If history is a guide, the Afghans will also accept Petraeus' protection money, and Petraeus has just enough time to buy the Afghan war before the next presidential election.

The Afghans will, of course, take the money and wait us out, just as the Iraqis are doing.

All of this drama is playing out despite the continuing lack of any valid reason for the American invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 3:40 am

Fag Lotion, that is very astute and enlightening. Me likey yr post.
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 5:22 am

Fag Lotion knows the score. While the Neo Con whiners cry Obamunist, he is implementing Corporatism, which Tarpley predicted months before Obama took office.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®