Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / question for handy / crafty types:
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 4:22 am

So, a couple years ago I got a bunch of outdoor party lights. these are the typical 10 light strings they sell at target, basically just mini christmas lights with globes attached to them. here are the issues;

- two sets are completely burned out and don't light up
- there is one burned out bulb on one of the other strings
- i lost the replacement bulbs that came with the sets
- i tried bulbs from another set of christmas lights and it does not appear to be the same voltage / wattage of light, it is so dim you almost can't see it
- not sure if I can even get replacement bulbs if I knew what voltage to get
- can't find a place that sells just the basic 10 light string without decorative shit already attached to it
- do not want to replace all of the lights with something else, it is expensive and I like these lights
- prefer not to just put the globes on a set of regular xmas lights because the amount of globes will not match the amount of lights

any advice?
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:00 am

ok nevermind all this. I got my multimeter out. anyone know where to get 12v / 9.6 watt christmas light bulbs without having to buy another set of lights? the fucking chinese have got us by the balls, selling us garbage that's impossible to fix when it breaks.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:40 am

duh.
revalue the renimbi! they have already trashed the entire world economy.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:38 am

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:40 am

I know you're not very computer savy, so I'll let you in on my secret for findng stuff on the "Internet".

Google.com

Check it out!
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am

I think the scam behind christmas lights is that they seem to change the bulb socket shape and size every year, so you are forced to buy new lights.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

I know you're not very computer savy, so I'll let you in on my secret for findng stuff on the "Internet".

Google.com

Check it out!

thanks, dick.

I've been googling this shit all day. your link is not helpful at all. those are screw in bulbs.

this is basically what I need; http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/%28jsn35z3wddhyff55wf2qhny5%29/produc tdetails.aspx?sku=9817610&source=GoogleBase

can't find them locally though.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

That'll teach you to take my girlfriend out and get her drunk!
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I got myself drunk!
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:30 am

If you can't find the bulbs:

If all three strings of lights are the same, I would consolodate all the working bulbs onto two strings and save the remainder of the third string for parts.

Also, try target's on-line store to see if they have what you want there for the replacement string. I bought solor-powered string lights from them last year and they don't carry them anymore in the store, but they do have them in the on-line store.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:42 am

Phhhht! Can't stand spelling errors... solar! consolidate!
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 11:08 am

Just set stuff on fire.
It's alot easier.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 12:29 pm

If all three strings of lights are the same, I would consolodate all the working bulbs onto two strings and save the remainder of the third string for parts.

yeah, I eventually did this yesterday. there are four strings actually, so I was able to get three working strings out of them.

will eventually order a bunch of these, but of course they're out of stock. http://www.oogalights.com/5-Pack-12V-14V-Mini-Replacement-Stringlight- Bulbs-Clear.aspx
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Just throw all that shit out and buy new ones. Most "party lights" pull off and attach to a new string (at least my Dracula ones do...")
Save yourself the headache and spend the bucks!
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 2:41 pm

NO! I'm sick of living in your disposable plastic chinese world!!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 2:45 pm | Edited by: ASS HOLE

Then stop buying those stupid lights, and light shit on fire.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 4:36 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

I concur. Poor more gasoline on the fire.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®