Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Sky Saxon fading according to his myspace
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:10 am

organs shutting down.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:27 am

His brain shut down decades ago.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 5:01 am

He's living here in Austin now. He's been doing shows with Shapes Have Fangs as his backing band.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 5:20 am

he's supposed to play montreal in august at the 'Wooly Weekend"

http://www.teenbeattakeover.com/

hope he makes it
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:24 am

RIP
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:32 am

Goner
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:39 am

RIP you crazy old man....
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 7:22 am

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 7:45 am

RIP. Wish Billy Miller would poke his head in here and recount his Sky story from the '04 Las Vegas Rockaround.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 8:47 am

dang, RIP
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 9:16 am

i'll recount my Sky Saxon experience -- around '93 my old band used to practice at Rocker Rehearsal in SF - one night we were practicing and some old hippie wandered in and sat down in the middle of our space. He never said a word (even when spoken to) - pretty sure he was tripping (permanently?) so we just continued to play and he hung out -- a while later dude from Brian Jonestown Massacre knocked on our door panincking that they lost him and gently guided him out (we didnt like having BJTM dude around since he seemed to case the joint)
anyways about 3 years later we got a new practice space in a shed behind a row of houses. as we were practicing who randomly wanders into our space but Sky Saxon. He was alot more with it that time - i had a copy of Johnny Thunders Copy Cats record on me and showed it to him (has a cover of Cant Seem To Make You Mine) - he wondered why he never got paid. He went on about the godliness of dogs and the wrongs of eating meat.
totally random crazings.
RIP
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am

This is about the best of my Sky Saxon experience. I feel bad that I can't come up with something nice to say.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Bummer.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:25 pm

The Seeds rocked

R.I.P.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 8:51 pm

i still want one of his crazy shirts
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm | Edited by: dont wanna be a fat boy

RIP Sky. Another performer I'm glad I got to see before he passed, even if it was with The New Seeds or whatever; Black Lips opened for them and they all sang a song they wrote together on tour.

So how old was the dude anyway? Everywhere has a different age and I can't imagine he was born in any 1946; that would've made him the same age as my mom.
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 5:54 am

charlie and the moonhearts did a cover of "pushin too hard" last night....said they'd never actually played it before, just did it on the spot, but it was fucking bang on and amazing
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 8:24 am

Rip! I played " Bad Part of Town" at my Metal Night last night in memory.
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 8:32 am

charlie and the moonhearts did a cover of "pushin too hard" last night....said they'd never actually played it before, just did it on the spot, but it was fucking bang on and amazing

The Zeros played it last night too! Amazing, amazing show. All OG members.

R.I.P. Mr. Saxon...
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 8:37 am

I saw him dancing on stage with the Demolition Dollrods at the Warfield in San Francisco when they were opening for the Cramps (halloween '97?). Sky was wearing nothing but a grass skirt (although there may have been coconut boob coverings - I can't quite remember). I asked Dan about it afterwards and he said that Sky was a Dollrods groupie at the time and was waiting for them at the back door of the venue when they got there. Apparently, he showed up all over the place doing this. Legend.

RIP
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 9:12 am

So how old was the dude anyway? Everywhere has a different age and I can't imagine he was born in any 1946; that would've made him the same age as my mom.

He was born in 1937 according to his US Passport. Richard Elvern Marsh. 72 years old.
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Damn, what a way to go.....

Publicist Jen Marchand said in a news release that Saxon died of heart and kidney failure following an "undiagnosed infection of his internal organs."

d'you suppose he pushed too hard?
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 12:49 pm

BLOWOUT!
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 2:15 pm

killed by Rollin Machine...??
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 2:25 pm

BLOWOUT!

Half right.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®