Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / is this too much nudity for a record cover?
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm

?

harry, shane and i just finished another record and i thought i might take a stab at the cover this time. bed and photo by micha warren.

by the way, this is our last record. it's called "I Always Wanted You" and is coming out on vinyl LP on P.Trash and digital LP on Wicked Singles. it sounds the same as ever, except this time i deliberately ripped off d-generation's unsung hit, No Way Out. and the pixies.

anyway, this cover is still in progress, but is it too much nudity for your record stacks? we only have to sell 650 LPs to make peter proud!
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:30 pm

its not nudity at all, really.

and no, its not never enough.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 12:24 am

black sheers
high heels
ass to the camera

that would be quite a cover
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 3:17 am

we only have to sell 650 LPs to make peter proud!
Not sure it's enough nudity to make any peter proud.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 3:20 am

bud dump crash
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 3:35 am

April Fools?
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 4:51 am

you should got the other jenna, from the tyrades.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:12 am

?

i just had a donut for breakfast too!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:25 am

this is our last record. it's called "I Always Wanted You (to pay attention to me)"
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:29 am

General for nudity to be considered nudity, there needs to be nudity. There is no nudity in that picture.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:38 am

wait is this one of those things where if you hold it upside down or put it against a mirror the image of a 83 year old woman showing her vag becomes apparent?
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:39 am

no, you just have to look at it normal.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:52 am

i just had a donut for breakfast too!

i'm a healthy 138.

by the way, joe, is this just goner board talk or is this the way you're going to act when we see each other in person at jovi and grant's wedding? i want to know what to expect. and i'm sure they will want to be prepared, too.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:54 am

chillax weirdo. i'll high five you.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:02 am

Dude, you're going to Bon Jovi's wedding?
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:03 am

i know everybody.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:31 am

pretend you're gonna hi-five bon jovi then slap his crotch
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:38 am

that's gay. you do it!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:53 am | Edited by: Theresa K

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:55 am

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:56 am

is this too much nudity?
no
http://www.parisdjs.com/images/covers/soulist/Shaftman-Introducing_A_ B ad_Mutha_b.jpg
no
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 7:24 am

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 7:26 am

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 7:39 am

theresa and scott, thank you. you know it's super funny that you posted those items, because in 2007 the artist pia dehne asked me to pose with nicole lombardi for a recreation of that Roxy cover. i said no way (because nicole is actually a model and i'm obviously not). and as for the Hendrix one: when i did the nude bicycle thing in 2006 for the soho art parade, it was for pia's recreation of Queen's Jazz album. but the piece she staged before the Queen one was that Hendrix gatefold. and all these rad ladies were in both shoots. not models--just rad women, like, "yeah."

by the way, mirko, tommy and i made an album of gospel, blues and country music in berlin in january. It's called The American Road, and if anyone wants it for their itunes, you can download it for free here. be warned, though: it's singer stuff. not rock in the slightest.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:32 am

i'm a healthy 138.

In the eyes of tigers?
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:38 am

best song ever.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 9:36 am

Jenny, I say if you're gonna go for it, GO for it. I think you can do much better than what ya got now.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 9:43 am

Uh...Jenna. Excuse me.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 10:16 am

I know you say the cover is still in progress, so I'm assuming this is a mock-up. But as it looks now I'm more bothered by the photoshop cutout job, particularly with regard to the dark background and your hair. Clean that up so it looks more natural, and it'll be nice.

As to how much/too much nudity, I'd say it's more about how much you're comfortable revealing.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 10:18 am

As to how much/too much nudity, I'd say it's more about how much you're comfortable revealing.

don't let Jay fool you - he works for Playboy!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 1:18 pm

I figure nudity's fine as long as it's tasteful and sexy. I wouldn't classify your cover as containing nudity though. Yeah, totally how much you're comfortable with. Don't sweat it.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 3:50 pm

I am offended. I'm telling Pat Boone!!!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 4:51 pm

The Nipple Slip LP!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 9:59 pm

General(ly) for nudity to be considered nudity, there needs to be nudity. There is no nudity in that picture.

When you're right, you're right, & you're right.

The nudity on the 17 Cum Shots record... Now THAT'S nudity.
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 10:38 pm

ha! nudity--the full frontal kind--will not be coming from me. i can't go dwarves style! i'm going normal style after this--vegetable and flower garden, desk job, friday night pizza nights, maybe catch a baseball game or two gutting buck wearing a team jersey.

this brings me to something else: harry, shane and i want to give a shout out and sincere thanks to those of you who got us, our style and our music, and came out to rock and party. i think we appealed to the lowest common denominator of dirties (our kin, our kind) and we had a blast! thank you for the opportunity to do our thing, albeit in a limited way.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 3:23 am

Generally, if it's not too much nudity to post on a public message board, it's not too much nudity to put on an album cover.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 3:32 am

Can't wait to rock this one!

Video time again?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:02 am

Oh I see you all are fans of my SHAFTman record. What can I say we had a good time making that one. Everynight we would record while eating cheese pizza and drinking champagne, then our significant others would call thier stripper friends and it would devolve into an allnight fuckfest. Good Times!
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:25 am

nudity--the full frontal kind--will not be coming from me.

then what's up with the subject of this thread? why even bring it up? you're showing anything. WHY DOES THIS FUCKING THREAD EXIST?????
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:26 am

and you are definately NOT a lowest common denominator dirty.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:48 am

At least Christina and Blag had the nerve to go all the way. This kinda halfway nonsense is wack.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 6:27 am

thanks to those of you who got us, our style and our music, and came out to rock and party.

My pleasure!!! Got a zillion of good memories about the Ghetto Ways, especially the live shows in whatever country, thanks!!
There's gonna be some final shows though, right?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 8:44 am

jasper, our last shows are this month in Norway--Tromso and Oslo.

24 Hours Round Trip to Rock Tour
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 8:48 am

why even bring it up?

April Fools?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®