Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / what kind of beer do you have?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Beer is too fucking expensive in Pennsylvania so now I just drink liquor. I miss the days of $6 Pabst 12-packs and or $9 really nice craft six-packs down in central Virginia.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

where in pa are you?

i have diet soda and some good reefer.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm

i'm in philly...a bit of a ways from york, especially in this weather
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

yup. almost died on a two mile drive earlier today.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

I stockpiled a bunch of Bell's Hop Slam because is seasonal rarity went faster than ever this year. Three can get you pretty crooked. I'm on my first one for the evening. Dunno if I'll go any farther than that til the weekend.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:44 pm

UGH SO JEALOUS. I'd lick my cat's butthole for a six pack of Bell's Porter.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:59 pm

i'll try one too if it's that good. haven't had a drink since friday. gonna hold off til saturday. it's rough!
Posted: Jan 27, 2011 8:53 am

it is that good, but you have to drive to St Louis or Atlanta to get them. Michigan beerz slowly taking over the country.
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 1:43 am

Hopslam rules. I too stocked up- insane how the shit is hyped this year. Local spot has a single keg of it. Hopslam on draft is awesome.

Sierra Nevada's hoptimum is pretty good too, but only in bombers I think.

Apparently, there's a "bells batch 10000" out now but I don't know anymore about it
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 4:12 pm

I got the last glass of Hop Slam out of the apparently last keg available in St. Clair County yesterday. I think it's better in the bottle this year but it is still top end. A couple places around here have Batch 10,000 in stock but I haven't picked any up yet.

Tonight it's been Founders Breakfast Stout. This years batches of their Kentucky Breakfast and Double Trouble are suppose to be out soon but I just got word that the local distributor here got their order screwed up so who knows how much (if any) will be found. I'll have to venture to the next county over and scour their good beer stores there because Founders make some of the most perfect beers in the world.

Michigan is so fucked because of the economy. Maybe that's why the beer made here is rocking so much....It brings the people joy.
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Bud talls. Had better, had worse.
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

rogue dead guy ale. real good despite the dreadful grapes reference on the package.
Posted: Jan 29, 2011 4:41 am

Try the Rogue john john-bomber only
Indeed, founders is one of the tops. KBS was great last year, so I'm saving pennies for this year's release. Nemesis!
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Nemesis 2009 was one of the most amazing things ever brewed. 2010's version was good too but sort of a let down. But I guess when you go from a wheat wine that was bourbon barrel aged then maple syrup barrel ages one year to a simply a black barley wine the next year that will happen. I sure hope to locate at least a couple bottles of this years KBS.
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Orion draft, Asahi Super Dry
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Racer 5 IPA!!!
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 7:49 pm

I stockpiled a bunch of Bell's Hop Slam because is seasonal rarity went faster than ever this year. Three can get you pretty crooked. I'm on my first one for the evening. Dunno if I'll go any farther than that til the weekend.

whew. he ain't lyin' when he says three can get you pretty crooked. thursday night, i had two and then a couple of pbrs and was feelin' pretty damn crooked myself. hahah.
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Caldera IPA from Oregon...in cans. Love this stuff
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 1:33 pm

A lot of American craft beers are just too darn heavy for me, but I'm really digging Session lager from Full Sail. Great summer beer.
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

^ Oregon!

Pabst with lime now, Ninkasi Total Dom IPA later.
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm

^ Oregon!
I've got a growler of Double Mountain IRA waiting for my tacos to get done!
Posted: Aug 20, 2011 5:42 am

cheap hippie beer...been rockin' the new Whole Foods beer..Copper Kettle, it is merely adequate, but at 14 bucks a case, it fits the budget.
Posted: Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

but at 14 bucks a case, it fits the budget.

beer thirty is 14 bucks for 30 at your neighborhood ikes!
Posted: Aug 20, 2011 5:03 pm

abita amber
nom nom nom ... hic
Posted: Aug 20, 2011 7:14 pm

i got 11 heineken's left from a case i got last night. feel like shit today, gonna try and save the rest for next friday. riiiiight...
Posted: Aug 22, 2011 4:18 am

Yesterday I picked up a 6 pack of Milwaukees Best Light by accident. It was the cheapest beer besides King Cobra. I hate Light beer...but that shit was about as refreshing as water...I now have a light beer I like.
Posted: Aug 22, 2011 3:03 pm

vicious from north peak brewery in michigan. its billed as an american wheat IPA. on tap it's tasty as all get out.

i've tried 4 of north peak's beers now that they're being distributed in ohio. i liked each. expensive - like $11/6 pack.
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 4:37 am

I like Delerium Tremens and The Poet oatmeal stout...this is going to ruin my scumfuck status.
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 5:55 am

Tried some Woodchuck Summer Cider on Sunday. Here's the feedback I sent them:

Comments: Nasty. I couldn\'t place the taste until I read the bottle (which I should have done first), but that brown sugar is disgusting.
Posted: Aug 24, 2011 10:24 am

I have been off the sauce for a week (damn you, Antibiotics) but the last time I was out I tried the Great Lakes Barrel Select Pils. It was ok. Also had a Stone IPA at the urging of the bartender. Again, not my thing. I went back to my Miller High Life after that.
Posted: Aug 29, 2011 7:53 am

Anchor "Humming Ale" ... NOT overhopped!
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®