Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Question about your music preference
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:13 am

Have you ever had your mind changed about how much you like a musical entity by hearing them live? Who? When? Was there anything going on in your life that contributed to the final verdict?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:32 am

i liked you until i found out you existed.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 9:20 am

i liked you until i found out you existed.
wheres the i like button?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:01 pm

actually thats a good question, but i'm drawing a blank right now. thee headcoats seemed much more like a bar band live than the trash they put out on records but it didnt change my mind about how much i liked them at all. niwadays youtube kinda ruins the whole mystique of live performances, but in the old days when you had no idea how a band would be live vs their recordings it always influenced how much i liked them i would say. i guess alot of great bands, if you like the record and they have a killer live show, i would like them more. i didnt like the registrators before seeing them live.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Yeah, Solid Gold ruined Men At Work for me.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:49 pm

I hated ZZ Top till I saw them live( Tres Hombres era). This was a long time ago . I saw them a few years ago and they wern't so hot. But when I saw them when I was a teenager they killed.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Milli Vanilli
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Wreckless Eric
King Khan and BBQ

When I saw them act like whiny bitches on stage I knew I could never listen to them the same way again. And I wanted to beat the fuck out of them (BBQ, not so much Khan).
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:35 pm

When I first heard the Mentors Live album, I had an entire paradigm shift on how musical instruments are supposed to sound when played properly.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:46 pm

ELO
it was raining n thundering
i always thought their sound was via a gazillion overdubs n edits n shit.
but those violin and cello dudes ROCKED
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Have you ever had your mind changed about how much you like a musical entity by hearing them live?

The Needles out of the Carolinas. The records kinda come off as weak Motley Crue, but live they absolutely devastate. They are right there with RPG as the "best-shake-your-ass-rock-'n'-roll-band" in America.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:29 pm

ELO
was listening to THE MOVE this afternoon, some boot cd called "Black Water Music"

Mentors Live album
saw this trio live so many times I almost went to jail
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 12:00 am

saw this trio live so many times I almost went to jail

A line better than cocaine.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 2:03 am

I'm kinda with bradx. There are many bands I kinda separate into bands I like live, but don't listen to their recorded music, and vice versa. A friend of mine found it endlessly confusing. He said if you love a band, then you should like them both live and recorded. I still disagree, and there are few bands I listen to regularly that fit that category for me. Also, the stuff I listen to at home is different than the stuff I listen to in my truck. I tend to rock out more when driving and chill out more at home. I'll admit that's a bit weird.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 4:46 am

I used to hear Howard Stern talking on the hair rock station in D.C. and I remember him bitching about Nirvana sounding different live than recorded. He came to the deduction that 3-piece bands suck live....whatever.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®