Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / the Internal Revenue service
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 6:30 am

i've been on the phone w/ them for 90 minutes. have talked with 3 people so far... all have contradicted the others. the last guy told me he had to disconnect because he could not verify i was me. i am holding a fucking notice from them and read to him all the numbers, etc.

WTF????

anyone here work for the fed? what's with these douchebags?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:25 am

a dude here is crying cuz the IRS is on his ass for owing $6,000 in unpaid taxes from 2006..

I told him he should quit and put in a resume at the http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123258571706004547.html
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:31 am

um...."at the White House"
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am

being on the phone with the IRS drove me bananas. most of the people i've ever talked to would tell me one thing and then when i talked to another one, they'd tell me something different. the best thing is to look through the website and look for information yourself. seriously. you would *think* that their people would get shit straight, but they don't. i was able to get better help from the website than i was from an actual human being. sad.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm

This sounds as bad as dealing with AT&T.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 1:05 pm

I had similar unpleasantness with the Louisiana Department of Revenue recently. It ended badly.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Internal Rear-end Service

FUCK 'EM
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm

They love me. I'm screwed, and they're nice as can be.
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm | Edited by: Theresa K

the best thing is to look through the website and look for information yourself. seriously.

unfortunately, the IRS owes me documents that are specific to my account. what i need from them is absolutely NOT on their website.

i venture to guess it is possible i know more about the tax code than some of the IRS people i have talked to, which is all the more frustrating

the douchebag who "released my call" because he was unable to verify i was me with the info i gave him [name, social security number and IRS case number -- who the fuck else would have that IRS case number PLUS my personal data?] categorized me as a high risk identity caller -- i learned when i called again to lodge a complaint against him. the manager whom i talked to was more horrified than me when she read the notes he left regarding my phone conversation with him. she was helpful. completed my query and transaction with her in under 5 minutes.

however

like the uber bitch i can be, i complained to the office of the treasury inspector general, getting thru to an aide with some power by using some excellent federal-level BS i picked up by osmosis thru my dad who was a federal employee for 50 years... and well, got some results.

i was having a charles bronson moment, i tell ya. i'd just like to know why anyone would identity theft someone in order to pay the income taxes of the person they're pretending to be. who's that stupid?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:40 pm

i was having a charles bronson moment
with a Polish accent?
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 4:56 am

I have a government job...welcome to my world. I like it, but just don't expect any kind of customer service b.s. It's more about passing the buck and going back to looking at the Goner Messageboard.

I'm all for social healthcare, but this is what we have to look forward too. It's better than nothing.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 7:59 am

Calling the IRS is just as bad as calling the unemployment agency.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®