Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who does radiohead think they are?
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 7:32 am

they're no fleetwood mac

not even the stupid mid 80's fleetwood mac

fuck you you winky wonk headed wogs
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:20 am

This must be Grammys related.

I'm in the dark about the grammys...
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:25 am

I only know about it cause some jack ass posted a video exclaiming they used the USC marching band like that was some genius idea

fuck this band in it's stupid face forever and ever
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:30 am

Go Trojans!

I <3 Radiohead! And 80s Fleetwood Mac, even Stevie Nicks solo!
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:35 am

do not mention the shit brits in the same sentence as those other two

EVER!!!!!!!!!!oneoneonewonwonwon
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 10:25 am

fuck you you winky wonk headed wogs

there is nary a "wog" amonst the members of Radiohead; look at a picture of them and/ or a dictionary, dipshit
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 10:50 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

shut up dumb fuck...I can use whatever racial epithets I want towards these wagonburners

and you can't stop me, zipperhead

now go gaze lovingly at your towelhead boyfriends record covers
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 11:53 am

towelhead boyfriends record covers

Mark Sultan? KK.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 1:56 pm

who does radiohead think they are?

Millionaires.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:37 pm

Pfft--they wish.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:27 pm

I didn't mind radiohead back before they became My First Art Rock Band to every dumbshit college kid. it got really intolerable around when "Kid A" came out.

from then on every film / video production class I took had a "radiohead guy" who'd smear Kid A over their dopey little project. 'cause Thom Yourke's caterwauling makes everything really deep and introspective.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:32 pm

I didn't mind radiohead back before they became My First Art Rock Band to every dumbshit college kid. it got really intolerable around when "Kid A" came out.

i was at KUNV in las vegas when the advance cd single for "creep" came out. the music director played it for me in his office. it was what inspired me to make sure i got my own specialty show where i only had to play what i wanted, cuz i just couldn't hang with that horrible corporate college rock smegma anymore.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:40 pm

"Creep" is all about that big KA-KUNK! guitar noise. they'd be nowhere without that little moment. I figured they'd be one hit wonders at best.

oh, and I guess they swore too. kids love swearing.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 5:46 pm

I figured they'd be one hit wonders at best.

me too
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 7:05 pm | Edited by: trickknee

there is nary a "wog" amonst the members of Radiohead; look at a picture of them and/ or a dictionary, dipshit

I just checked the dictionary, and there was no mention of "amonst." Do you have a special volume for people no one likes?
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 10:41 pm

U2.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 11:36 pm

do not mention the shit brits in the same sentence as those other two

Technically, they weren't in the same sentence. Notice the first exclamation point which denotes the end of the Radiohead sentence.

I <3 Radiohead! And 80s Fleetwood Mac, even Stevie Nicks solo!
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:43 am

yeah
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:43 am

so there
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:57 am

there is nary a "wog" amonst the members of Radiohead

among is preferable to amongst

amid is better than amidst

in this interesting sentence, then, the real insult would be amid because then you are implying that there is no discernible diff among (not between) the members, as if saying the ball flew into (not in) the jungle and now lies (not lays) amid the bushes.

but technically--isn't being correct always "technical" he asks annoyingly rhetorically {consecutive adverbs are hard to pull off but correct here, i think}--the members of radiohead, as non-woggy they may be, are individual people with individual passports and masturbatory desires, so among it shall be, from henceforth and ad infinitum.

the bends is pretty good.

i don't think "college rock" has any special definition these days (or, lo, these past days).

stevie nicks' solo career is vying with the nanny as low points of western culture. at the moment, stevie's neck is longer, so she wins, by a ...
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 3:29 am

Pink Floyd.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 6:19 am

Pink Floyd.

middle class college boy art fag rock! British style
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 8:00 am

pffffft... i bet no one on radiohead learned their instruments by playing rhythm & blues.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 9:30 am

no one on radiohead learned their instruments

Pink Floyd

they don't need no
edyou-kayyy-shun
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:04 am

pffffft... i bet no one on radiohead learned their instruments by playing rhythm & blues.

that's a good point. I think you could say that about a lot of young musicians these days-- it doesn't seem like you'd have much use for a blues scale in metal, or emo or mallpunk. seems like if you grew up in the 60s or 70s, everyone would be familiar with a 12-bar blues.

now of course, if you see yourself as a student of the instrument, you'd know that stuff. but it's altogether too easy to just memorize songs and riffs sans theory. I did it forever...

in the case of Radiohead, though, I'd wager that at least a couple of those guys have a more "classic" upbringing. I know they sound artsy-fartsy / let's-see-what-sticks in their later stuff, but The Bends was pretty rooted in classic rock from what I recall.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:13 am

that's a good point. I think you could say that about a lot of young musicians these days

yeah, but all the other new GOOD bands learned by playing the ramones!
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:24 am

Linkin Park used to be a Ramones cover band.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:00 pm

then the judgment night soundtrack came out
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®