Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / LA's Fuck Yeah Fest
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Who knew that it got a write up in the Daily Variety? I didn't until it was pointed out to me.

Apparently the staid old Daily Variety can't afford a fact checker.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/2881598010_3c628f2da0_o.png is a link to a screen shot of Phil Gallo's column for August 27, 2008 where he features an interview with Negative Approach frontman John Brannon. The photo illustrating the piece is a photo of Mike Walker.

I know because I know Mike Walker. I know because I took that photo of Mike Walker.

So.... not only has the Daily Variety printed a photo of the wrong guy... who's at least 20 years younger than John Brannon, whom the photo is supposed to illustrate... but the Daily Variety neglected to obtain permission from the photographer - ME - to reproduce the image, and then there's the issue of not including a photo credit. and not that I'm litigious... not at all. I wrote to the columnist and pointed out the errors and suggested that he get a fact checker.... i also left a snarky comment on the blog itself.

No one on the Goner Board could get away with that kind of mistake. Then again... maybe more people read the Goner Board than read the Daily Variety?

If you want to read the interview with John Brannon, its here.
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 7:38 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

whatta crock of shit,
give em hell!!!

I at least beg for free use of your pics!
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 8:29 pm

and you would never mis-ID mike walker for john brannon either!
what's next? a photo of paul rogers when they're writing about freddie mercury?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®