Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who can decipher google ad sense?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 2:31 pm

i can't figure out why what i earn is all over the map

for instance....

as of this moment, i have 984 page views with 5 clicks on ads and its worth $.02
however
the last time i had the exact same number of page views (984), with fewer clicks (4) it was worth $0.92

it doesn't make sense.

anyone know how this is calculated?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Goddammit, this better not turn into another Beatles reacharound thread!
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

depends on what people are paying for. the cpc was probably higher last month.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:19 pm

the cpc was probably higher last month.

Aren't those bad for the ozone?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:23 pm

screw 'em. you can't take ads without telling people how they're getting paid.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't know when the last time you had the same number of page views was, but adsense drastically reduced their payouts sometime during the last year. that's why you don't see google ads at the bottom of the goner board anymore. they don't pay shit.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't know when the last time you had the same number of page views was,

3 days ago - it was almost identical stat-wise to when i was looking.

i just dont' get it.

i know they don't pay shit... but its passive money and the ads don't do that much harm. it just is dumb and makes no sense...
Posted: May 1, 2008 5:50 am

I can see that it isn't worth it for me. I recently got an account but i'd have to wait eons to get my $100 worth.
Posted: May 1, 2008 8:30 am

i run cold and colder on google adsense. i get about 1000 page views a day - so on paper, you'd think it was worth it - but on any given day - the value of a click is like argentine money! if i had identical stats 2 days in a row, i still don't have identical google adsense earnings.

this is all so very confusing but i'm $7 away from getting my (third such) $100, so i'll stick with it for $7 worth of whatever
Posted: May 1, 2008 12:18 pm

you must have some sort of hybrid cpc/cpa deal. You're probably getting paid on conversions as well as clicks.

Check out pay per click universe, they should have a list of affiliate programs you can sign up with.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:22 am

today, this is the ad appearing on the top of my blog:
Christ 2: Heaven on Earth - In my book, making you happy is the
booby prize...I'm after bigger game ChristReturns.net

i've got pix of gay icons and indeed the title of the post is punk's gay icons
thankfully, the ad includes their URL so i can check it out (since clicking on your own ads is verboten)... what's up with the google crawler? like this is appropriate? or is that their sense of humor?
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 4:09 am

NOT ME, TK.
Thank fuck my blog only earns pennies thru Google ads. Though I am open to seriously whoring it out, if anyone is interested- hint hint.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 8:47 am

Philosophy of Google Ad Sense:

We'll fuck you if we want to.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Philosophy of Google Ad Sense:

We'll fuck you if we want to.

yeah - that makes sense
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®