Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Cheater Slicks - Endless Winter
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 6:14 pm

Say wot? Why is Sleazegrinder the only place that has info. on this?? Is it coming out on In The Red?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 7:41 pm

It is actually going to be called "Walk Into the Sea" and is coming out on In The Red in October hopefully. The rest of that review is accurate. It was reviewed by a friend who got a copy.
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 7:44 pm

Great titles either way.....looking forward to hearing it!
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Cover of Run,run,run is AWESOME!
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:21 pm

"Cover of Run,run,run is AWESOME!"

the Who song?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 11:12 pm

i can't believe action g and the driver both did posts on the same day and this place is still boring as shit.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 10:53 am

I wish it was October already..
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 3:33 pm

I've had it since the beginning of he year and I think it's the best they've done since Forgive Thee. They're back to being not so druggy sounding and they mean business. No you may not have a copy.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 5:37 pm

Ofcourse I may!!! Joe, aren't we best friends???
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 5:40 pm

You can hear it if you come over and we make a party .
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 10:56 pm

listen jasper me and bazooka joe's grandfathers both saved your little country from the nazis. i don't think you're in a position to be asking for any more favors.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 11:01 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

But, you are in a position to ask for correct grammar.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 11:16 pm

hitler didn't give a shit about grammar. he would've melted your ass like grilled cheese faggot.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 1:39 pm

incorrect: he would've melted your ass like grilled cheese faggot.

correct:He would've melted your ass like grilled cheese, faggot.

Without the comma between cheese and faggot, the reader could be confused as to what or who grilled cheese faggot is. With the comma, the reader understands that "faggot" is in reference to me.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 1:50 pm

maybe i meant "like grilled cheese faggot." who knows??? i was drunk.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:01 pm

ah. makes more sense now.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:40 pm

That's in my new Top Five Sandwiches list. Nothing like homo with melted Velveeta on toast.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:42 pm

Mt grandfather was there on D-day and the Battle of the Bulge. 101st Airborn- Screaming Eagles. When asked who won the war he says "I DID!"

He really old and can barely do anything by himself anymore. I'm gonna miss him when it's his time.

Cheater Slicks RULE!
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:52 pm

your dad rules, joe!

just listen to "surfin' & spyin," the answers are there!
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:55 pm

Yeah, my dad is awesome. Thanks Eric, I appreciate it. You're my hero too. He's going to take care of two dying granparents this week on the other side of the country. Cheater Slicks might save me.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 5:27 pm

my grandfather was in the battle of the bulge too. my other grandfather fought the japanese in the south pacific for 4 years.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 5:55 pm

My grandad was called Eric and he used to push me around in a wheel barrow like a mad bastard.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 5:56 pm

was he in ww2???
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 6:02 pm

I don't think so but my Gran (female Grandad) was somehow. She got bombed when she went swimming one day. She does talks to other old women on what happened to her. I typed it all up. Pretty funny. She used to show me her wound when I was a kid. I've never quite recovered.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 6:19 pm

well you're welcome then too muddy spear. at least your countrymen didn't just roll over for the germans like jasper's. at least they stood up and fought back until bazooka joe's and my grandfathers showed up to liberate the world. america rules!!!
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 7:22 pm

at least your countrymen didn't just roll over for the germans like jasper's

First of all it's not very polite to talk about dead people that way, especially if you didn't even know them. But then again, you're an American and they're not exactly known for their politeness.
Second, both my grandfathers were able to offer shelter to two jewish families, hide them for the German razzias and feed them for 4 years and risked their and their entire family's lifes by doing so.
You can talk shit about me as much as you want, but leave my (dead) family alone.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Was my grammar okay?
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 8:56 pm

For not being a native english speaker, i'd say your grammar is excellent. Anytime you need a paper, article, or an essay revised/proofread i'd be more than happy to look it over.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 12:04 am

first of all jasper i didn't talk any shit about your family in particular. and second of all imagine what the fuck would have happened if bazooka joe's and my grandfathers didn't take the time out of their busy schedules of being teenagers to go halfway around the world to fight for a bunch of people they didn't even know so you could one day grow up to give one of their grandsons shit on the internet. you're very fucking welcome, i don't give a shit about my grammer and happy fucking fathers day!!!
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 12:19 am

my father died 11 years ago so you can stuff your fucking fathers day up your ass!
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 1:11 am

Although they kicked around the name "Endless Winter" for years and I think it's great, I'm glad they've dumped it as some crappy myspace band from LA is calling their new CD "Endless Winter."

Screw them. They blow.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 6:13 am

at least they stood up and fought back until bazooka joe's and my grandfathers showed up to liberate the world. america rules!!!

Sorry to say this but it was actually the Red Army that crushed the German army. Battle of Stalingrad anyone? I'm not saying that the US involvement wasn't important, but this "US liberating the world" cliche is just bullshit.

Back to the topic - I'm really waiting to hear this new Cheater Slicks album. I didn't like the last one that much and Cheater Slicks aren't the most consistent band around, but when they nail it (like on Whiskey and Refried Dreams) they're godlike. I hope the new one is another masterpiece.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 8:29 am

I remember my Gran telling me about some creepy American guy called Ned that she fucked when she got drunk one time during the war. My Dad popped out around nine months later.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:02 am

i fucking said they were teenagers and didn't know who they were fighting for. can't you fucking read english??? i ain't got nothing against the dutch. i like van gogh and koolhaus and wooden shoes and the outsiders and windmills and all that shit yo. america rules!!!
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 10:00 am

Grilled cheese faggots know nothing.

Palestina also rules !
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 10:03 am

Cheater Slicks aren't the most consistent band around, but when they nail it (like on Whiskey and Refried Dreams)

I thought "Yer Last Record" blew "Refried Dreams" to pieces. I think "Refried" is the only boring thing they've done.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 10:44 am

I think Refried Dreams is best they've done so far. It's really varied song wise and at the same time really consistent and solid. It's also, at lest to me, a record that has to be listened from the beginning to the end in order to fully appreciate it. Whiskey is almost as good and if I would have to pick up one of their songs above the rest that would easily be Possession. Forgive Thee is really really good too, only a little too long. Don't Like You has great songs but, even though I like early Blues Explosion a lot, I don't think the sound Jon Spencer got is right for Cheater Slicks. I don't know if it's the bass or what but On Your Knees sounds too heavy to me whereas Destination Lonely sounds way too light. My two cents.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 10:46 am

As long as we agree that the Slicks are god...
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:08 am

Cheater Slicks and war rule!
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am

War the band or war the event?
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am

that would easily be Possession.

Funny, that's my favorite song too. I love that whole "Whiskey" album, even that more-than-twenty-minutes-song.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:13 am

The war I'm having with my friend over "Nympho Nurses". He told me it was good but it's not.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:20 am

You should totally slit his goddamn throat.

I think Spencer's production on Don't Like You is perfect.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:50 am

I think Spencer's production on Don't Like You is perfect.

Yep, but Refried Dreams is still the best album.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:58 am

I Thin I'm Coming Down bores me to tears.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 1:49 pm

what do cheater slicks think about war?
grilled cheese?
grammar?
the dutch?
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 3:21 pm

did anyone score a copy of that early version of "Don't Like You"? http://agonyshorthand.blogspot.com/2006/04/cheater-slicks-dont-like-yo u-demos.html

Would definitely love to hear this. I do like the job Spencer did though.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 4:42 pm

I think it's ironic that this thread would be on this subject of America and world war II and all that crap. Our horrendous current situation should make all Americans ashamed to tout our "powers". Anyway "good deeds" should never be gloated about...it looks very shallow and insincere. We (Cheater Slicks) have always enjoyed being in the Netherlands, and Vera was the first place to really support us. For that I'll always be grateful. I've always been amazed by the English skills of Europeans, especially the Dutch. I am a stickler for grammar, but don't correct me if I've typed a whole bunch of shit wrong in this post. It is the internet after all. I like grilled cheese and also macaroni and cheese. I don't ever use the word faggot. But I'm not trying to be sanctimonious. Insults have their place, I guess. They get people riled up, and make people feel badly about themselves...which brings us back to what's wrong with the "typical American"...just my two cents since you asked.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 4:45 pm

Slicks are god!
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 4:49 pm

That was beautiful.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 5:04 pm

if this were an essay question on a test i'd give it an "A"
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 7:45 am | Edited by: Sonicg

Russians- oh man they're worse capitalists than commies- maybe....But before ya'all jump down Nanne's throat, he's putting out the Killer's Kiss record in Europe so how can he not unnerstand the deep, dark hart of amerika.
Nazis were settled in Texas- swear!- just ask Whitley Streiber or pick up BlowBack*

*Not the Chalmer's Johnson book, which is probably equally as good in its own right.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 10:12 am

After I posted that shit about "I Think I'm Coming Down" yesterday it entered my had and hasn't left. I've just decided it's the best song ever.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 11:21 am

I once heard Bazooka Joe say "Don't play "Think I'm Comin' Down" at one of our shows. We haven't played it since...that's no lie...I'm very hung over last night...I drank all night with Piero and Demon's Claws...it was fun..
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:17 pm

Now look at what you have done Bazooka Joe! That's like the chaos theory in full effect - few misplaced words and horrific results :-)

Anyway, Cheater Slicks is one of the bands I'd really like to see live. Any chance of you touring Europe after the new album comes out? Finland would probably be to much to ask, but Sweden would be close enough.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Yes, even Sweden would be close enough for me too!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:35 pm

We looked into some European dates for September, but the promoters were being hard on us for not having a new record out, so we decided to postpone it until spring. Hopefully at that point we can do a short tour. It's been a long time.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:39 pm

I once heard Bazooka Joe say "Don't play "Think I'm Comin' Down"

Sorry, sometimes I think I own you or something when in actuality you own me.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:39 pm

And you played it out here recently you lying sack!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 12:41 pm

since dirk diggler's rights to free speech have been taken away by the powers that be at goner he wanted me to relay this message:

there is a big difference between world war 2 and the current illegal and immoral "war" being run by big business and the religious right. and my grandfathers were too badass to talk about the war let alone ask for thanks which they never got. they were lucky to make it home alive. and you dutch were lucky as hell they did what they did despite what you think about america. we also invented baseball, rock and roll and jazz.

also "wifey" ran into senator joe leiberman on friday and told him nicely in front of a big crowd of people that he should get us out of iraq. he just mumbled something about "yeah we've gotta find a way out of there..." and moved away as quickly as possible.

i have been voting against the republicans for almost 30 years. do you think i'm proud of this idiotic "war" which has only brought death and chaos to the world (and big profits to haliburton et al) ??? it's not my fucking "war". it's george bush's. go try demonstrating in the streets against it. you'll be locked up in 5 minutes. they don't allow freedom of speech anymore. just like on the goner board. america rules!!!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 1:26 pm

we haven't played that song in years...honestly...2003 at the Hook in Brooklyn maybe...the testosterone level on this thread is really pumped up high...nationalism on any level is something I have a hard time with, but I do love the U.S....as fucked up as it is...and I agree that Americans have invented some cool shit, rock n roll being the coolest of course...
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

I love you man!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm

Play 'I think I'm coming down,' will ya?
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm

and "Thinkin' SOme More" and your other think songs.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm a little teapot.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 4:10 pm

"we are not all wizards who can still throw money around after giving a creditcard to a bunch of German hookers. "

What's holding you back?
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Jasper, you fuckin rich boy - we want them in Holland, we are not all wizards who can still throw money around after giving a creditcard to a bunch of German hookers.

Haha, I'm the opposite of fuckin rich, boy. I'm just "lucky" enough to have a bank which is still allowing me to have a credit card and raise the credit on my bankaccount each time I fuck up using my credit card. Wether I give it to a bunch of hookers or order a shitload of records on the net each time I'm drunk. Last time I flew to Stockholm it has only costed 50 euros. So if they would only play in Sweden and your the big fan as you say you are, that shouldn't be any problem for neither of us. And even if it would be a problem I'd be happy to pay it for you, because I would love to party with you in Sweden. However, if the Cheater Slicks will ever play main Europe again I'm quite sure they'll play the Vera too. I hope you'll be able to attend that show too, it's too goddamn long ago we've met at the Vera!
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:37 am

"May I ask why the Cheater Slicks think a tour in Europe would be hard to organise? "

You got the answer straight from the man himself!

"We looked into some European dates for September, but the promoters were being hard on us for not having a new record out"

What more of an answer do you need?

"most of us lost their creditcards already a long time ago, since we, the old Vera barflies, are not lucky like Jasper, but just poor and lonely overaged teenage-tittie-pleasers."

Let me understand this correctly... You lose your credit cards & Jasper's lucky. How does that work?

Make no mistake, though. I have humble love for Club Vera, which I owe directly to Cheater Slicks.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2704.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2683.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2682.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2681.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2680.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2679.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2678.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2677.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2676.jpg
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:46 am

Also, have some World War II posters to look at while you are bashing nations & each other.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/SoundThatKills.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/WW2.jpg
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:57 am

"I got fucked for more than 5000 by this bitch I fell for while I had my head up my ass last year"

Wow! Sorry to hear. That's rough. I guess a finding a girlfriend isn't much of an answer. If they don't take money from you, it's either blood or sanity.

I think when the Cheater Slicks last were in Europe (1998), Ruud from Paper Clip put the tour together.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 9:04 am

email robby g.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 1:01 pm

you fucking europeans always copying everything we americans think of first...
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 1:42 pm

"Don't get me started on girlfriends and women. As a 'genre' everything with a cunt is smelly, retarded and empty. They should all be killed. Slowly. With electric nosehair removers"

You sound bitter.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 2:11 pm

I thought Nanne was bitter when I first "met" him, but it's been a hellride down a greasy hotwheel track ever since!
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 2:29 pm

Are you plooking the lads these days?
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:07 pm

I was wondering the same thing - bitter enough to change teams, huh?
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:15 pm

Male hysteria = so much worse than female hysteria.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 12:00 am

back to the cheater slicks....
remarkable band
remarkable men
good cooks, too
surrounded by nice and friendly folk
thanks for the good times, columbus, ohio
that thunderstorm followed me to the 216
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 11:46 am

thanks for the good times, columbus, ohio
Thanks for stopping by!
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 12:18 am

"thanks for the good times, columbus, ohio"

Rest assured that anytime you visit, the red carpet will be rolled out.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 8:05 am

Thanks Theresa-take care in L.A.
Posted: Dec 20, 2019 4:37 am

bazooka joe:
I think "Refried" is the only boring thing they've done.

I take it back. I re-bought it last year and got smacked.

Welcome back, Sonicg!
Posted: Dec 20, 2019 4:46 am

action man:
we also invented baseball, rock and roll and jazz.

slavery invented rock and roll and jazz. i try not to struggle with that, but it's difficult sometimes.
Posted: Jan 2, 2020 1:41 pm

i wish i could see nanne's posts. miss that dude
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®