Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Richie Unterberger's rare rock films in the NW
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm

His film screenings are well worth checking out:

Admission is free to all of the following events:

On Wednesday, November 2 from 7:30pm-9:30pm, I'll be discussing my book The Unreleased Beatles: Music and Film, and showing rare films and playing rare recordings featured in the book, at the Langley Library at 104 2nd Street in Langley, Washington. Admission is free.

On Thursday, November 3 from 6:30pm-8:30pm: The Unreleased Beatles at the Coupeville Library at 788 NW Alexander Street in Coupeville, Washington.

On Saturday, November 5 from 2pm-4pm: The Unreleased Beatles at the Darrington Library at 1005 Cascade Street in Darrington, Washington.

On Sunday, November 6 from 2pm-4pm, I'll present two hours of vintage film clips of British Invasion artists from 1964-67 at the Snohomish Library at 311 Maple Avenue in Snohomish, Washington. Included will be clips by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Who, Yardbirds, Kinks, Animals, Zombies, Them, Manfred Mann, Small Faces, Donovan, Procol Harum, Pink Floyd, Gerry & the Pacemakers, the Pretty Things, Tom Jones, Dusty Springfield, Lulu, Petula Clark, the Hollies, the Moody Blues, the Troggs, the Spencer Davis Group, and others.

On Monday, November 7 from 5:30pm-7:30pm: The Unreleased Beatles at the Lopez Island Library at 2225 Fisherman Bay Road in Lopez, Washington.

On Tuesday, November 8 from 5:30pm-7:30pm, I'll present an entire night of rare vintage folk and folk-rock film clips from the 1960s and early 1970s at the Lopez Island Library at 2225 Fisherman Bay Road in Lopez, Washington. This is a visual complement to my two-part history of 1960s folk-rock, Turn! Turn! Turn! and Eight Miles High. Included will be footage of the Byrds, Bob Dylan, Donovan, Simon & Garfunkel, Love, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, the Lovin' Spoonful, Richard & Mimi Farina, Pentangle, Leonard Cohen, Tim Buckley, the Youngbloods, Judy Collins, and others.

On Wednesday, November 9 from 6:30pm-8:30pm: The Unreleased Beatles at the Stanwood Library at 9701 271st Street NW in Stanwood, Washington.

On Thursday, November 10 from 6:30pm-8:30pm: Rare vintage folk and folk-rock film clips from the 1960s and early 1970s at the Stanwood Library at 9701 271st Street NW in Stanwood, Washington.

On Saturday, November 12 from 2pm-4pm: The Unreleased Beatles at the Lynnwood Library at 19200 44th Ave W in Lynnwood, Washington.

On Sunday, November 13 from 2pm-4pm in the U.S. Bank Room of the Central Library at 801 SW 10th Avenue in downtown Portland, Oregon, I'll present "Rock Music in the Cinema: From Elvis to Spinal Tap," a program of memorable and odd performances by rock acts in fictional movies from the mid-1950s through the 1980s. Included will be clips of Elvis Presley, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Lulu, Arthur Brown, the Yardbirds, the Ramones, Jimi Hendrix, the Clash, and many others.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®