Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 10:24 am

I just stumbled across this...thought someone would have posted it already but I didn't see it...

Apr 9 2008 12:00A
San Luis Art Center San Luis Obispo, California

Apr 10 2008 12:00A
Bottom of The Hill San Francisco, California

Apr 11 2008 12:00A
East End Portland, Oregon

Apr 12 2008 12:00A
Comet Tavern Seattle, Washington

Apr 13 2008 12:00A
Reed College Portland, Oregon

Apr 14 2008 12:00P
Jambalaya Arcata, California
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 11:59 am

they were great on Saturday!
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, lucky y'all!
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 1:39 am

i'm going on the 12th
last time i saw 'em was 10 years
ago
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 2:27 am

damn...yeah, that's about when I saw 'em last in SF...what was that alley club near the CW? I think Boom used to book it. Anyway, they fucking ruled!
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 10:14 am

The Tempest?

Man, all the places King Brothers played in SF in 99 are gone: The Tempest, Tip Top Inn, Cocodrie. Even The Port Lite in Oakland!

Jeff

P.S. And even The Purple Onion, where they were scheduled to play. Tom didn't show, so we were lucky that Scott was willing to throw them on the bill at The Cocodrie with no advance notice.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 10:53 am

Yup, The Tempest was the little bar on that alley near the CW that Boom booked. Nearly forgot about that place. Forgot there used to be so many other little divey venues in SF. Sheesh! Loved all those places!!
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 11:13 am | Edited by: skank police

The Tempest?

Ho-ly shee-it! I saw Anal Cunt...of all things...there.
But what was the Cocodrie called before it was Cocodrie? My friend got into a scrape in their ladies room, and the girl tore her vintage lace dress off...she had to ride home in the cab in her undies!
Remember the Brave New World? Yikes. Saw Hard-Ons, Mentors...countless amazing bands at that utter scuzzhole...
Of course, I'm old...1991-1995-ish era.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 11:32 am

what was the Cocodrie called before it was Cocodrie?

It was called Off Broadway.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 11:34 am

It was called Morty's at some point pre-Cocodrie, too.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:13 pm

Morty's...........duuuuuuuuude, wow.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 3:06 pm

The Tempest?
Yeah...that was it...I saw all those other KB shows too, except for the Port Lite one....good times.....
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 3:07 pm

Hey Gina, you're in Memphis now, right? Come out to Question Mark on 5/2 at the Hi-Tone and say hi!
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 5:23 pm

finnark will be boogie-in at Question Mark! cool.

i think i saw 'em at bottom of the hill? was that the show dogbreath played with 'em, jeff sf? or cocodrie?

show in memphis was one of the greatest ever! whoo!
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 3:19 am

Finnark loves to boogie! I'm pissed that I've never had a chance to see these guys. The records are kinda "eh" for me, but everyone who's seen 'em flips out.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 3:46 am

yeah...the records can't even come close....go see 'em!
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 3:58 am

show in memphis was one of the greatest ever! whoo!

i mainly remember andria rolling on the floor
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:14 am

Yessir, finnark, I'm in Memphis. I'll be at the Question Mark show for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing ya!!
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:33 am

Details are a little hazy for me, but I'm sure KB didn't play Bottom Of The Hill when you were out here in 99, Eric. I know Dogbreath played with them at the Tip Top Inn. I think that was a late afternoon show, so I'm guessing it was a Sunday. We didn't play The Tempest with them, but maybe The Port Lite in Oakland. When Tom flaked on the night of The Purple Onion show, there was already a full bill of random bands at The Cocodrie, so it was a scramble just to get KB thrown on there.

They really were incredible live. It was funny to see how many strings the guitarist would break by mid-set, and how it never seemed to make any difference!
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 1:17 am

the Makers, King Bros and Childish at a now gone all ages joint in pioneer square seattle those wa the 90s
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 4:56 am

The records are kinda "eh" for me, but everyone who's seen 'em flips out.

that's my take on 'em too. never play that itr lp (the only one i got) but the vegas show i saw was probably a top 10 nuts performance.
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 3:20 pm

They rule....see yous there!
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 12:47 pm

the Makers, King Bros and Childish at a now gone all ages joint in pioneer square seattle those wa the 90s

Velvet Elvis?
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Velvet Elvis
yeah, but it might have been Gasoline in stead of the Kings
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 4:42 am

i seem to recall the tempest show didnt happen - there was a little note on the door that the show got moved to Kimos - i hoofed it over that and the show ruled and blew my mind big time
(maybe they did play the tempest a different time but when i went to see them there the show was nixed - and either scott alcoholost or Boom saved the day)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®