Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / memphis roller derby burlesque show - hi tone - dec 8th - good stuff!!!!
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 10:49 pm

okay i tried to put the lineup in the title, but it wouldn't let me type more than one band. haha.

memphis roller derby presents:

the second annual ho ho ho burlesque show!
december 8th at the hi tone cafe in memphis!

featuring the musical stylings of:

ross johnson and the play pretteez - an all-star memphis lineup backing ross on vocals!
jeffrey and the pacemakers!
shortwave dahlia!
and dj steve anne on the decks

also: various girls of memphis roller derby doing some burlesque skits and the photo models from the memphis belles are doing a skit as well!

$10 to get in!

flyer will be coming soon!
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:09 pm

We're certainly happy to be playing it. :)
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:05 am

thanks, swd! :)

just had a meeting with the girls performing in the show. it may not get as raunchy as last year, but it'll certainly be as hot. :)

can't wait. i even might go on stage a lil more this year. eek.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 12:22 pm

The Pacemakers are happy to be playing this also!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 12:28 pm

I've got to look up some of your music, Golightly. Yours is the British Invasion act, right? (I'm going off memory, so I may have it completely turned around)
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 1:26 pm | Edited by: Golightly

Yep...we do covers of the Beatles, The Kinks, The Who...stuff like that...sometimes we even get close to sounding pretty good.
We are all in a zillion other bands...it's a great band to have fun with.
http://www.myspace.com/jeffreyandthepacemakers
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm

Awesome...checking that out the minute I get home. Happen to do "The Word" off Rubber Soul? That's my favorite of the earlier Beatles tracks...
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm

I think the only thing we do offa Rubber Soul is If I Needed Someone...although we can be pressed to do Nowhere man without the 3 part harmony.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:58 pm

thank you for agreeing to play, jeff. :) i'm looking forward to the event. it should be a lot of fun. i need to run some posters out around town. i finally got some of them in. if you want any, just let me know and i can get them to you. i finally got a chance to drop some off at the hi tone last night.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 8:23 pm

That'd be great...go to the myspace site and get me there...and thanks again. It's a cool poster
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 12:25 am

thanks! one of our skaters (steelia thunder) did the poster. i hit ya up on myspace. got a stack o' posters in my car.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 8:42 am

see ya saturday elle
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 2:36 pm

sounds good! i'll be there with posters and flyers in hand. :)
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 11:27 pm

^
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 9:30 am

Ross Johnson's Play Purtys for this date will = Roberson, Jeremy, Adam Woodard and JPK.
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 7:07 pm

^^^^!
coming soon!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 12:31 pm

^

Domea Fava's trying to get me to wear pink on stage Saturday night. lol
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 5:12 pm

don't do it, man! green is much better.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 10:38 am

And then I've got Smackie, who's been to a couple of our shows...lol...what to do!!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 4:59 pm

hey, you can wear green and red and be christmasy!
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 4:26 pm

TONIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 7:45 pm

OH YEAHHHHHH!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®