Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / MGLW maced my dog today.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 7:17 am

Had just gotten home from class and I let the dog out in our, fenced-in, backyard. After a minute, I heard her barking loudly and went out the back door to see a meter reader macing her in the face. When I asked what the fuck was going on, he said "I didn't think anyone was home because I didn't see any cars." My car was parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. When I asked him why he didn't knock on the door, he gave me the same excuse. When I pointed out my car, he muttered something about "I came from such and such direction so I didn't see it." I got into his shit and he was walking away, refusing to give me his name. Waiting on a call from the supervisor of the Meter Reading Dept. right now.

The dog seems fine but I'm stunned that they would do this. It's my fault for not locking the fence but I didn't assume a meter reader would just spray mace in my dogs face to get to the meter. Not trying to get anybody fired but I feel like I need to know if their policy is to "mace first and ask questions later?" I'm so fucking furious right now.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 7:51 am

Get that dude fired. I do not miss MLGW and all their employees who's cousins got them their jobs.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 8:20 am

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 8:29 am

ugh. when i had a ton of electrical work done, we relocated the meter to OUTSIDE the fenced in backyard just to avoid any interaction between the meter reader and the pets. glad your dog is doing ok!!!
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 9:52 am

Channel 3 wants to talk to me about it. Not sure if I'm interested or not? Don't really want to be on the news but if it helps MLGW change their policy and treat a dog like they would a locked gate, I'd do it.

It was just so unnecessary. If he felt unsafe, treat it like a locked gate and do the estimate.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 11:11 am

Mlgw hasn't been in my back yard for over a year and a half. They can estimate the shit out of the bill for all i care. They used to send me notices threatening to "disrupt my service" if i didn't start opening the gate for the meter reader. I'm not putting my dog up and i'm not leaving my gate open till they get here. The notices stopped coming, dog gets to hang out, and i still have utilities, so i guess it's okay.

Ryan, glad to hear your dog's okay. If it can bring some light to the fact that they probably do shit like this all the time, i'd do the interview.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 4:00 pm

I did an interview with both ch. 5 & ch. 24. Should air tonight at 10pm. Since they had already interviewed the spokesman for MLGW, I wanted to share my side of the story. I saw the meter reader, outside of a closed gate mace our dog who was on the other side of the fence.
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 6:01 pm

Saw you on Ch 5, came off great. Cannot imagine what would make someone do such a thing.
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 2:33 am

You showed admirable restraint. I would probably been at 201 for aggravated assault if I saw one of those GED holders mace either of my dogs.
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 4:43 am

Cannot imagine what would make someone do such a thing.

Oh, I don't know, maybe the fuckhead was a sadistic asshole whose only enjoyment in his job came from macing defenseless animals like a fucking pussy. Seriously, I could see somebody macing my Pit and Akita if they charged them, but Roux is 25 pounds of love.
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 4:45 am

saw you on Channel 5! thanks for speaking up for the doggies!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®