Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Antenna Reunion 2010 Meet & Greet
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 11:23 am

At the Bucc (where else?), Thursday, July 29 in the year of our Lord and Savior, 2010, from about 7 til not too late in the evening. Oh yes, there will be drunkass old geezers aplenty in attendance who will snap "the Well was a much better club than the Antenna ever was!" if you jostle them unexpectedly, but the McGehee clan will be in attendance as will Rebel and, hopefully, Angerhead. So the weepy fumes of ill-placed nostalgia will be tempered by some original clubowner & bar staff cynicism about how it really was, but if you want to crawl down memory lane there will be a Live From Memphis camera crew there to capture your, um, precious video memories. They will be filming in air-conditioned comfort in the little beer storage room next to the parking lot. I understand that owner Charles will even have a makeshift patio bar set up to keep Antenna memory makers well lubricated while they wait in line for their closeup (god dawg, it's going to be hot in that parking lot though so bring a hand fan or soak a rag in some ice cold beer to wipe your brow with from time to time). Come talk shit in front of the cameras and be in the Anntenna documentary! Oh, and if you miss the Meet & Greet Thursday night there will be LFM camera crews at both the Hi Tone and the 'Turnal to record both band performances and more Antenna Club memories on the 30th and 31st. JJ Stone will be providing live entertainment at the Bucc on the 29th, by the way. Sigh, I still wish Barrie Bob could have come up from Atlanta to warble some of his signature new wave vocal stylings. You don't remember Barrie Bob or JJ, you say? Shame on you then! Get in the Wayback Machine next weekend and set the controls for Dookieville.
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 11:42 am

Why do people have to ruin stuff with their stupid video cameras!
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am

7? PM? Too late...I'm off to bed after the early bird special at Piccadilly...maybe next year
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 8:14 am

But...I can't remember anything!
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 8:19 am

took me a few to figure out 'Turnal
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm

You don't gots to remember nuthin', Alisa. Just show up and start talking. We'll film it and I will most certainly believe you...because you were there even if you don't remember. And Miz Linda, darlin', how are ya and I agree with you about those stupid ass cameras. However, they are the thing this year so get ready for your closeup, you sweet thing.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 4:28 am

Ass cameras?
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 4:44 am

You think those would be right up misslinda's alley?
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

And Miz Linda, darlin', how are ya and I agree with you about those stupid ass cameras. However, they are the thing this year so get ready for your closeup, you sweet thing.

My friend and I came up with a solution. See you Thursday, unless your next to a camera of some sort.
Some poeple don't like do be caught on video at a bar.
"Photogs" get on my nerves.
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Good news, misslinda! We'll be sequestered in the back room, shooting interviews in the dry storage room. We'll give you another shot at your interview, misslinda, since you were a little drunk the first time.

Yes, the Buc has a dry storage room. If you have an Antenna story, come tell it.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 8:37 am | Edited by: misslinda

I was ALOT drunk, and didn't plan on talking to anyone.
Robin can be persuasive.
You know I'm wasted if I agree to be interviewed on video. Right afte that happened I thought to myself "Why did I do that?!?".

We'll give you another shot at your interview, misslinda, since you were a little drunk the first time.

NO THANKS!!!!
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 10:09 am

I think I'm coming to this for a while, but I ain't talking to no one about nothin I can't remember.
I'm with misslinda...totally camera shy and photogs are a pain in the ass. And ass camera. I ought to know.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®