Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Local foodstuffs
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am

Since I'm going to be in Memphis for Father's Day, and because I have not yet gotten a gift, I was thinking I might bring back some sort of unique non-perishable epicurean item(s). Is there any local bbq sauce, seasoning, or anything else that would be good for this? Thanks.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Definitely recommend Uncle Lou's Corruption seasoning and also their sauce.
Though the last person I gave the "hot" sauce to said it was "hot as all blue blazes."

http://unclelousfriedchicken.com/home.php
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:16 am

there's also hog wild, sauce, marinade, and rub. and the bbq shop's can't think of the name of it right now, they have them at most of the groceries, i'm sure there are others, local. that i'm forgetting
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:23 am

I also like Stubbs stuff (it's at the Krogers), but I just went to look it up on the web and it says they're located in Austin. So, Texas BBQ sauce...nevermind.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:25 am

heresy
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:53 am

bbq shops' sauce is called dancing pigs and it's great! I somehow accidentally came into possession of some interstate barbecue seasoning and it's really come in handy and is very tasty.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

heresy

yeah, I was super embarrassed.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Definitely recommend Uncle Lou's Corruption seasoning

Second. The packaging alone is priceless; that font used for "Corruption" is somehow frightening.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Somebody should be pointing you in the direction of dry rubs as they are more quintessentially Memphis. Rendezvous? Even if it's no good it's still MEMPHIS and your dad could at least play around with it. If it doesn't do the meat justice, he can slather the ribs in sauce and throw them back on the grill.

How's the Dixie Gas BBQ sauce that Goner has hidden amongst the dollar records?
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Definitely recommend Uncle Lou's Corruption seasoning

Second

I use that stuff on EVERYTHING...it's not just a BBQ rub. It is great on vegetables, in stir fry, in potatoes and onions for breakfast for dinner night, on fish...everything.

Does anyone know anything about that very, very quaint looking BBQ restaurant on Airways near Lamar? (Maybe near Park?) That place looked like the real deal, but I can't remember the name of it now.

And yeah, Sambeaux...I've bought the Rendezvous rub at the Krogers and used it all up.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:45 pm

B-B-Q is all you need. If your vegetarian, I question your sexuality and recommend the BBQ tofu rub.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 5:55 pm

i too will question your sexuality...sex on the beach daQ uri or just rum boogie nightmare..maybe a lil' 10/4 bak door rubbin'..see you tomorw fag..BRING A DOGGIE BAG.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 2:24 am

???

shags I am bringing a bag of your clothes.

thanks for the tips errybody.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 5:04 am

Get a Diver from Silky O' Sullivans. There's NOTHING more Memphis than that!
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 8:07 am

Dang Harvey. Fag? Is this because I live a meat-free life or because I'm not a sports fan? The Goner board can be such a cruel place sometimes.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 9:13 am

Get a Diver from Silky O' Sullivans. There's NOTHING more Memphis than that!

Nothing like bad Sangria and old draft beer.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 11:49 am

Nothing like bad Sangria and old draft beer.

It prepares you for for holding the hair of West Memphis girls w/ spray-tans all night.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Everyone I work with that isn't already black is getting spray tans over in Crittenden County...and they are trying to talk me into it as I am "so pale!"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®