Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Anybody got a lead on a bicycle for sale?
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Attn: Memphis folks
Im looking for a summertime bike. A light, 3speed cruiser hopefully. Ya know, Schwinn, Raleigh, etc. Something that would be less likely to be stolen (I know) . . . My budget would be $100 tops (Boy, this economy is killing me, heheh).

OK, so enuff about me, anybody got any leads? And forget about the bike co-op here, "The Revolutions Bike Shop." It is neither revolutionary or a bike shop.

Thanks!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 10:45 am

You need to stop being so goddamned white and STEAL a bike!
That's the way we roll in Mermfus!
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 1:10 pm

You can probably get a pretty nice bike from the peddlers outdoor selection for around 125. I'd go for at least a 10 speed though.

If not the peddler, the Schwinn shop on summer has a HUGE selection of used bikes. And they will more than likely knock some off the tag price. They gots funky hours, like open at 2 and close at 5 tuesday through saturday. something like that.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 3:22 am

the Schwinn shop on summer

Nothing in there is for sale. I was in there just a week or so ago, and every bike I asked about the guy was all, "Oh, I couldn't sell that one. You couldn't afford it if I did. Those bikes go for about $8000.00 these days."

He don't know I ain't got $8000.00.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:06 am

I've got a great 10-speed in good shape, minus a front-wheel inner-tube and tire, I'd be willing to trade.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 4:11 am

Nothing in there is for sale. I was in there just a week or so ago, and every bike I asked about the guy was all, "Oh, I couldn't sell that one. You couldn't afford it if I did. Those bikes go for about $8000.00 these days."

Was it the OLD dude who takes about 20 years to tell you his life story and ring you up? The last (first?) time I was in there he was using some card catalog style method of looking up stock and locating parts.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 6:19 am

Was it the OLD dude

Yup. He basically told Scott and I that he doesn't sell used bikes anymore because of liability reasons (?!), except for the collectible bikes that are $8k. He pretty much did everything he could to convince us he didn't have a single used bike for sale in his shop (he's doing repairs only at this point), despite there being HUNDREDS of used and new bikes in there. Place is crazy! I was very disappointed because I always thought that shop looked so cool when I've passed by.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 7:11 am

I always thought that shop looked so cool when I've passed by.

me too, but that dude has gone around the bend
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 8:40 am

whoa sounds like alzheimers. that's where i got my last bike, like 7 years ago. i think i paid $100 for a 6 or 7 year old Trek mountain bike. it wasn't really what i needed, but it was definitely my price range.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 9:29 am

that's where i got my last bike, like 7 years ago. i think i paid $100 for a 6 or 7 year old Trek mountain bike. it wasn't really what i needed, but it was definitely worth letting him put his finger in my shit pipe for that price

Gross.
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 2:13 pm

One Word- Pawnshop
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 8:14 pm

i have one i'll give you BUT you have to come pick it up

in nashville
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 10:30 am

haha whoa jd waht's up with the slash fiction?!!??
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®