Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / memphis roller derby - now in midtown - march 1st
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm | Edited by: elle

finally, memphis roller derby is moving to midtown. we have our first bout on march 1st, which puts my team (women of mass destruction) up against the legion of zoom. yeah! we've lowered the price to 10 bucks too.

here's the poster: http://www.memphisrollerderby.com/boutposterLG.jpg
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 7:13 am

tonight! at the fairgrounds.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 10:11 am

I'm going. First time since the last time. Which was the first time. First bout, I mean.

WILL THERE BE BEER?
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 10:29 am

i dunno, but

THERE WILL BE BEER

would be a good movie.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 10:35 am

yes!!!! of course! d. canale's one of our sponsors! so yes, beer for sure!!!!

and remember to keep your cup cuz refills are cheaper!
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 3:40 pm

Damn...never been and I cant make it tonight, but the fact that its in midtown makes it alot more appealing to me especially to get my beer on. Hope yall have them at the fairgrounds frequently.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 7:51 am

Hope yall have them at the fairgrounds frequently.

we will be having them there from now on except in september when we are either rescheduling the dates or moving them somewhere else cuz of the fair and the southern heritage classic.

but the next one is april 5th, which is the playoffs and then april 26th is the championship. then we start hosting outta town teams during the summer months.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 12:24 pm | Edited by: timmyjinx

i really want to check yall out. my kids are curious ,so what will we see? how many matches? blood? will we see blood?

i've tried to describe the roller derby i watched as a kid but they can't wrap their heads around it.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 2:28 pm

the next bout is a doubleheader, which is 2 bouts. each of the bouts are an hour long and consist of two 30 minute periods with a break in between. you don't always see blood. we have had bleeding and broken bones before, but not every bout has all that. we were lucky to not have any bad injuries this time around. the time before that, we had someone carried out on a stretcher due to a concussion. we've had someone break their leg in a spiral fracture. it's a little different than the old school roller derby because we've got a set of rules that don't allow us to punch, push, or elbow people. however, it's still pretty damn brutal. i've gotten a cracked rib before cuz people throw their whole weight into ya. heh. and we're also on flat ground and not on a banked track. so it is a little bit different, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

you'll see a lot of girls in short skirts knocking each other down. that's pretty much what you'll see.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 10:25 pm

you'll see a lot of girls in short skirts knocking each other down. that's pretty much what you'll see.

can't ya just go to Beale street for this ?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 5:48 am

i went saturday night, and really enjoyed it - my one & only outing that weekend, thanks to being out sick half of last week...looking forward to coming to more!

(although i was confused as hell by the end of it.)
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 6:07 am

i dunno, but

THERE WILL BE BEER

would be a good movie.

"I. . .drink. . .your. . .lager!"
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 7:57 am

Hey Lauryn, do you think you could get Evan Williams to be a sponser?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®