Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / this saturday @ the hi tone.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:11 pm

memphis roller derby presents:

the second annual ho ho ho burlesque show!
december 8th at the hi tone cafe in memphis!

featuring the musical stylings of:

ross johnson and the play pretteez - an all-star memphis lineup backing ross on vocals!
jeffrey and the pacemakers!
shortwave dahlia!
and dj steve anne on the decks

also: various girls of memphis roller derby doing some burlesque skits and the photo models from the memphis belles are doing a skit as well!

$10 to get in!

poster here: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff38/elleonwheels/Burlesque07-proof .jpg
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:13 pm

ross johnson and the play pretteez - an all-star memphis lineup backing ross on vocals!

Is this the Joe T, Jeremy, Greg lineup?
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:24 pm

joe t will be in texas, so jpk is taking his place this time around.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 12:22 am

uh oh. jp knows how to play every song ever written. be prepared to skate and dance all night....
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 9:30 am

joe t will be in texas, so jpk is taking his place this time around.

Actually JPK will be out of pocket on Saturday, so JB from Noise Choir will be playing guitar.
My understanding is that JPK WILL be playing with us on 12/28 at the Hi-Tone.
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 4:40 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

What time does this get under way?
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 4:44 pm

I heard Shortwave Dahlia goes on first around 9:30 and the Pacemakers next and then the Play Pretteez.
That's what Greg Roberson just telded me
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 8:59 pm

well, greg roberson is corrrrrect. :D there will be djing and burlesque skits in between the bands, so it'll be kind of a long night.
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 11:02 pm

In spite of fears (all mine, probably) of standing out like a sore thumb, we hope to start promptly and give you the best thirty some-odd minutes we can! :)
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 4:26 pm

tonight!!!!!
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 5:23 am

holy shit. thank you!!!! :D golightly and sixelsix rule, just in case you all didn't know. and of course, ross does too. but if you didn't know that, you may very well be retarded.

i feel like such a tard cuz i got half nekkid in front of everyone, but not very many folks were left when i did that, so it's cool.

thank you to the hi tone. they rule more than any bar could ever rule. hands down. just sayin'. thank you, dan. :D
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 5:43 am | Edited by: hitone

the pleasure was ours. good time had by all, except for that dude that we kicked out.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 6:02 am

oh, and who ever has to clean up the parking lot.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 6:25 am

whoa. you guys kicked someone out??? next time, come track me down and let me punch 'em.

i do not envy any parking lot cleaners. i saw the wreckage outside the front door. yikes. smoking people are messy. i think once y'all have a patio, it won't be so awful. thank you again for being so hospitable. i massively appreciate it. :D
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks for having us elle.
You girls really know how to throw a party!
The Pacemakers would love to play on match day for y'all.
And big thanks to Joel for doing his thing.
I always feel good knowing he's behind the board.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 3:41 pm

thanks! yeah, i would love to have you guys out for a bout sometime soon. i'll holla at ya on myspace cuz i still have some dates open this season. :)
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 7:14 pm

i feel like such a tard cuz i got half nekkid in front of everyone

any pictures?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 10:07 am

I missed it, but had reports from my agents in the green room that the entertainment was spectacular...and HAWT.
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 5:43 pm

fuck you guys for kicking me out! btw i pissed in the corner pocket of your gay ass pool table
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®