Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / i-40 into arkansas shut down?
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 3:07 pm

my dad was just telling me that I-40 on the arkansas side has shut down because the road started sinking due to the overload of traffic rerouted on one side of it due to the road construction. apparently, they're rerouting everything over to the I-55 side. can someone confirm or deny? that's some crazy shit with it sinking and now the DOT is scared that something like the minnesota incident will happen since it was sinking due to all the weight on it.

scary. especially since the I-55 bridge is already old and scary enough as it is. now with all that extra traffic, that is going to be very unfun trying to drive on that.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Posted: Aug 27, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm not surprised, really. That road construction just after you get off the bridge into Arkansas has been some really scary shit.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 5:26 pm

apparently they're only closing it until tuesday. i guess they're going to fix it somehow. still, yuck. i am not driving over it. heh.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 5:40 pm

The earthquake is coming.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®